nightmares - BARRY

BARRY ALLEN x READER

In which Barry had a nightmare, but Y/N was there to comfort him

--

        IT HAPPENED AGAIN, the many times that it's happened he had lost count each time. Of course, it was another nightmare that Barry has to deal with now.

        The moment he shot up from his spot on the blue-sheeted bed, a thin layer of sweat glistening him, his longtime girlfriend slowly opened her eyes. "Barr..." the petite girl gently uttered beside him. 

        The young man snapped his head to look at her, she looked as beautiful as ever in his eyes. With her eyes ever so slightly closed from her sleep deprivation (that makes two of them), her Y/H/C hair cascading onto the pillow, all he can do is utter thank god she's alive.

        "Was it another nightmare?" Barry nodded, which caused her to move next to him in a cuddling position as if it was some sort of instinct.

        Barry moved towards her, wrapping his arm around her and leaving the other to gently caress her face while rubbing her ear. Leaving Y/N tenderly stroking his arm with her thumb. Her head tucked in Barry's shoulder.

        He wanted to tell her what it was about, but he was terrified that it was going to come true. Yet he still opened his mouth, gently speaking, "Zoom took you from me, and killed you..."

        She moved her head to look up in his alluring green orbs, which somehow always hypnotize her. "It was just a nightmare, I'm here right?" The girl half smiled at him, causing Barry to smile right back at her.

        "God I love you so much."

        Y/N chuckled, "I think we've already established that." She leaned up to peck his cheek. He grinned at her.

--

much feels

word count: 282