cherry wine - REMUS

YOUNG!REMUS LUPIN x READER

In which a fierce and sassy girl, has a soft spot for a shy boy that is infatuated with her

In which a fierce and sassy girl, has a soft spot for a shy boy that is infatuated with her. Not knowing what she was getting into.

inspired by the song "cherry wine" by hozier

--

        Her eyes and words are so icy.

        Remus couldn't help but notice whenever Y/N would talk to his close friends, essentially bickering with James back and forth, throwing all the sass and sarcasm she could muster.

        Oh but she burns. Like rum on the fire. Hot and fast and angry as she can be. I walk my days on a wire.

        Even with her icy words, her words burned. She burned more than the other girls did, with her fiery persona, somewhat similar to a bottle of firewhiskey. The moment that the person drinking it downs it, it feels icy at first, then burns the throat leaving it hot. With a hint of a smile on his face, he would walk his way.

        Although, having a soft spot for the bashful boy, they got together. Much to his surprise. She found out that he was a werewolf through the Marauders. Y/N helped him through his transformations every full moon, much to his protests, they practiced turning into an animagi in order to help out their friend.

        It looks ugly, but it's clean. Oh momma, don't fuss over me. The way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine. Open hand or closed fist would be fine.

        Utmost nights, they would be on his bed. His head would be on her stomach, she would run her fingers through his head, he would constantly say how ugly his scars were. She would cheer him up by telling him his insecurities are what makes Remus, Remus.

        The blood is rare and sweet as cherry wine.

        Calls of guilt would be thrown at one another, how she would help him through his transformations and how he doesn't want her to get hurt.

        And it's worth it, it's divine.

--

word count: 297