how - FRED

FRED WEASLEY x READER

 In which a Gryffindor is in love with a Slytherin, and after suffering from an awkward situation, the Gryffindor confesses

In which a Gryffindor is in love with a Slytherin, and after suffering from an awkward situation, the Gryffindor confesses. Yet, the Slytherin can only wonder how.

--

        He was a brave Gryffindor, she was a cunning Slytherin. He stares at her from across the room when she isn't looking, daydreaming of the world where only him and she could be in. Currently, they were sat in the Great Hall during dinner. Students conversing with their peers, while simultaneously eating. There were twinkling stars that blanketed over the sapphire sky as he looked up at the ceiling of the dining hall, that mirrored the sky outside.

        The students finished eating, exiting the Grand Hall to go to their dormitories. Fred wasn't in a rush as he strolled down the hall, stuffing his hand in the front pockets of his jeans. Several minutes following of contemplating whether the ginger should go back to his dormitory or not, that was when he realized the pin dropping silence in the very halls of Hogwarts. Shrugging to himself, he continues to stroll down the halls, wondering if his twin brother George went back to their shared dorm room or not.

        Hearing the echo of footsteps was what made his mind shift to the situation he's in. He's walking through the halls, past curfew, where prefects patrol during this hour, and professors. Fred and his twin, George, are all about taking risks and living in the moment, but he cannot have points taken away from his house, especially since every one of his house mates will loathe him for it.

        The ginger was just about to hide when the footsteps began to get closer, making it easier to hear. When he saw that it was just Y/N, he relaxed. "Y/L/N, oh it's you. I thought you were Filtch."

        The girl let out a chuckle, the heavenly sound feeling like music in the boy's ears. "Is little Weasley scared?" Y/N remarked, playfully.

        "Of Filtch? Isn't it obvious?" He made a funny face, which made the Y/H/C girl let out a laugh of delight.

        "Eh, I wouldn't blame you." She sent a lopsided grin his way, only to be returned by a smirk. The cockiness was gone and was now followed by a nervous hand running through the nape of his neck.

        He tried to emerge a conversation between the two of them, "So... what brings you he-" His sentence was interrupted by a shush coming from the girl, then the sound of footsteps once again, but this time it was followed by the meow of a cat. The pair turned to each other, "Filtch." They whispered simultaneously to one another.

        She grabbed his hand, butterflies erupting the both of their stomach's, ignoring the feeling of bliss she murmured, "hide." Running through the dimly lit hall, Fred caught sight of a closet which made him tug at her small hand. The moment he opened the door of the closet, the both of them noticed how small it was. The Slytherin muttered in his ear, her warm breath sending shivers down his spine, "I don't think we're going to be able to fit in here."

        A quick idea popped into the ginger's head. He brought his 6-foot figure into the closet, crouching to fit in it. "Get in." He uttered as a command after hearing Flitch's footsteps coming closer.

        She had no choice but to obey, holding onto Fred's large hand and pushing herself into the miniature closet, only to seat herself on the boy's lap, closing the door. Her cheeks flushed crimson when the boy put his hands on her waist, the ginger let out a gulp because of the bold move. The pair squinted their eyes through the peek of the closet door.

        They caught sight of Filtch with Mrs. Norris in his arms, looking around the hall like a hawk. Fred could feel Y/N breathing heavily which made him cover her mouth with his colossal hand.

        Filtch finally walked the opposite direction, the girl let out a sigh, subconsciously leaning back. Fred extracted his hand from the girl's soft face, "He's gone." She spoke with a normal voice.

        "You know what, I can't take this anymore," Fred announced, as she felt the vibration on her back from Fred speaking.

        "What?" She turned her body near him. Their position made the girl blush again, her legs were now enveloped around his waist, their face inches apart.

        "I like you, so much, that I think I'm slowly going crazy." The boy confessed, leaving the girl speechless, which was rare.

        "B-But how?"

        His brows furrowed, "Come again?" [the gif]

        "I-I mean, I'm me. I'm in Slytherin, you're in Gryffindor."

        He got closer to her face, her breathing uneven. "I don't care, you're perfect." That was all her brain could process before her mind ran fuzzy when he enclosed her lips with his in a passionate kiss. She didn't kiss back for a second, suffering from shock, a feeling of regret settling in his chest. But when she kissed back, tugging on his hair, that feeling vanished as he wrapped his arms around her waist. Not wanting to let go at all.

--

word count: 820