little things - SIRIUS

YOUNG!SIRIUS BLACK x READER

In which Sirius and Y/N enjoy the little things in their life as they're eating brunch while the wizarding world is on the verge of danger

--

        The birds were chirping as the couple sat in a comforting silence at the little dining table they had in their concise kitchen, in their apartment in Muggle London. Sirius was reading the Daily Prophet a mug of coffee in hand, while Y/N ate her brunch quietly since it was one in the afternoon.

        Sirius set the newspaper down, "Voldemort's on the loose." The girl looked up at her boyfriend, raised her brows, then nodded.

        The gray-eyed man continued eating his breakfast, a fork settling on his large palm as he ranted, "You know if Voldemort is actually on the loose, he wouldn't come to Muggle London so we shouldn't have to worry-" He cut off his own sentence when he looked at his girlfriend, with heart eyes and a soft expression settling on his face, "Is that my shirt?"

        The girl in front of him looked up guiltily, mouth full of pancake, her mouth opened and a string of two muffled words came out of it. "Um, kinda..."

        Sirius shook his head at the stunning girl in front of him that only woke up an hour ago. He rested his head in the palm of his head, looking at Y/N with all the love he gave her. "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" The man spoke softly, not expecting an answer but more of a reaction.

        The girl looked up, stifling a laugh, but ended up chuckling wholeheartedly along with him. Uttering out a sentence in between laughs, "Just stop with the pickup lines, they're not working."

        The apartment has erupted with their laughs and loving glances that afternoon, that was when they decided to appreciate the little things in their lives, even when a war was brewing in the wizarding world.

--

word count: 298