how i met your mother (2 + final) - REMUS

REMUS LUPIN x READER

In which a 40-year old Remus Lupin tells the story of how he met his wife

inspired by the show "how i met your mother"

--

        "Okay...so where was I up to?" Narrator Remus says, trying to remember what part he was up to in the story he was currently telling his two kids. "Oh right! So, when Y/N threw a drink in my face your Uncle Sirius came in..."

        Sirius came in after he saw the scene that had unfolded between Y/N and Remus, "De...wait for it...nied! Denied." Chuckling, he retorted.

        Remus held up the business card his dream girl gave him up Sirius' face, "we're going out tomorrow night." He smirked, putting the card safely into his jacket pocket.

        Sirius felt hurt by him, "wait, I thought we were going to do something tomorrow night."

        Moony grabbed a napkin to wipe off the spilled Martini on his face by the girl, "believe me Pads I want to but she's probably the one, just be happy for me for once." Sirius just nodded, still feeling a bit bummed.

        "The next day, I took her out to this small restaurant, out in Manchester." Older Moony told his kids.

        "Wow, that is one badass blue french horn." The American girl said as she looked to her side to see a large blue french horn hanging on the wall, opposite the pair.

        "Yeah," her date answered, "sort of looks like some sort of smurf penis."

        "Teddy, a piece of advice. When you go on a first date with a girl, you really don't want to say something along the lines of smurf penis. Girls don't usually like that."

        She laughed, almost spitting her drink.

        "But this wasn't some ordinary girl."

        "Do you even have the Smurfs in England?" She questioned between fits of laughter.

        He smiled, the chuckles dying down. "You'll be surprised."

        On the walk back to her apartment the pair started up a conversation. "I gotta get one of those blue French horns for over my fireplace. It's gotta be blue, gotta be French."

        "No green clarinet?"

        "Nope."

        "Come on, no purple tuba?"

        The young woman gave the charming young man in front of her a playful death glare, "It's a smurf penis or no dice." To which he chuckled at the sentence.