i want you - REMUS

YOUNG!REMUS LUPIN x READER

In which Remus starts to develop weird feelings for his best friend, Y/N, and the feeling is mutual

In which Remus starts to develop weird feelings for his best friend, Y/N, and the feeling is mutual. They go to their trusty friends, of the same gender, for advice on how to express those feelings.

--

        They have been friends ever since they first met each other in the Hogwarts Express when he stumbled upon her compartment. She was the only person in that compartment, he wanted a friend, so did she.

        Years passed and here he is now. Remus John Lupin falling in love with his best friend Y/N Y/L/N. Her feeling the same way for Remus. The sad part was, they could never think the other felt that way for them, they were as oblivious as ever.

        The sun rose and the land of Scotland welcomed it, facing Hogwarts and awakening all of the people in the magical school. It was a Saturday and breakfast started, all the Marauders including Y/N and Lily ran down to the Great Hall to meet each other.

        Y/N entered the hall and caught sight of all her friends at one of the four long, mahogany, tables. Sirius waved to call her over, she replied smiling, moving her feet toward them.

        "Morning, morning." She grabbed a toast from the plate of all the toasted bread, biting into it, "What are you guys talking about in this fine morning?" She settled herself into a seat beside Remus, not noticing him stiffen being that she sat so close to him.

        Sirius smirked, "Well, you're in a good mood."

        Y/N grinned replying, "It's a nice morning, and it's the weekend. What more can there be to be happy about?"

        "I don't know, it just looks like you got laid or something." Sirius smugly fired back.

        Remus choked on his eggs and toast right beside Y/N, coughing continuously. The girl pat his back to help him with the choking, looking at Sirius, "See what you just did?" She continued to pat the chestnut-haired boy's back, then whispered quietly to him, "Are you sure that I can't punch him in the face?"

        The boy smiled through his choking, "yes" he replied hoarsely.

        "Well, what if I just break his nose a little."

        Remus chuckled, looking into her starry eyes. As she spoke to her friends, the boy couldn't help himself from giving a side glance back to her eyes then glancing down at her lips, appreciating her beauty. This was how the rest of the morning passed to the group of friends.

        He had shown multiple signs that he was interested in her. Usually shown as she was talking, but she never noticed.

        It was a long day of classes for her and she entered the Gryffindor Common Room with a sad expression painting her face.