flashpoint - BARRY (the flash)

BARRY ALLEN/THE FLASH x READER

In which when Barry's lover dies, he goes back in time to save his parents but he discovers in a dystopian universe that she is also alive

--

        "NO!" He screamed as Zoom stabbed the love of his life then ran off. She was dead, he couldn't grasp the fact that she was. If only he had come in just a bit earlier, defeated Zoom, there would've been a possibility that she would be alive and healthy. 

        His nightmare had come true, now all the happiness around him seemed lifeless.

        Her last words were, "do what you need to do, just remember I will always love you." Then exhaled her last breath of air.

        Barry knew what he needed to do, so he did what he did most; he ran. Run, Barry, run; her soft, melodic sounding voice whispered to him as he ran to the portal to the past.

        He arrived at the last place he wanted to be. The night his mother was murdered.

        He saw the Reverse-Flash take the knife, right before he was about to plunge it into his mother's heart, The Flash attacked. Throwing Eobard on the ground, throwing a punch across his face Barry exclaimed, "You're not gonna kill her this time. You're not gonna kill her ever again." Barry threw his last punch at the infamous villain.

        The speedster looked up, noticing another Flash peeking through the door. The other Flash chuckled a bit, observing that his mother was still alive then faded away into the darkness.

        He looked down to see his mother with a terrified expression on her face, crying out painful 'no's' as she moved away from Barry.

        The young man shook his head, "I'm not gonna hurt you." The woman continued to whimper while looking up at Barry as he reassured her, "I'm not gonna hurt you, you're safe now." It was as if he was just trying to reassure himself.

        A couple of months passed since the incident, he was living with his, now alive, parents and it was at this point that he couldn't be any happier.

        A hole was still felt in his heart though, it felt like something needed to be filled.

        That day felt like any other normal day, he strolled into Jitters, the aroma of freshly brewed cups of joe welcoming him. His eyes scanned the homey café, but suddenly, his eyes were drifted onto the attention of a glorious girl that happened to be several feet away from him. 

        His heart started beating fast, just like every time he saw her. 

        He tried to practice what he was going to say before he went to talk to her. The young man just couldn't go up there and say, 'hey, you probably don't know me but I know you, you died right in my arms in another life and we're meant to be with each other.'

        She muttered a quick 'thank you' to the barista that gave her her order, and sat down on one of the high stools of the café.

        Barry chose to make his move now before it was too late. She started to sip on her cappuccino but realized there was something missing. All of a sudden she stood up from her previous sitting position, about to turn around, but crashed into the brown-haired fellow instead.

        He was too busy trying to talk to her that his reflexes didn't tell him to move out of the way the moment she was about to crash into him. The girl was about to apologize and Barry was about to as well, which led to them both saying it in unison. They chuckled, just like old times.

        Once their laughter has died down Y/N spoke, "Let me go first. Hi, I'm Y/N Y/L/N, I'm really sorry I bumped into you, I didn't see you there."

        Barry smiled, "Hey, I'm Barry Allen it's very nice to meet you. And it's alright."

        The Y/E/C girl giggled then realized something, looking up at Barry as she spoke, "you know I feel like I've seen you somewhere before, have we met?"

        Shaking his head Barry answered, "Nope, I don't think so? I guess I just have one of those faces," he chuckled rubbing a hand behind his neck, a habit he had when he was nervous.

        The girl nodded, politely smiling. Then Barry brought up a question he was itching to ask her, "um...would you like to um-well I would hope you would like to um..."

        Before he can fully complete the sentence he has been dying to ask her, she decided to complete it for him, "if you're asking me to go out with you sometime, then that's a yes."

        "Okay, that's great..." Barry said walking backward trying to seem sly, but failing miserably when he didn't see the wall behind him that he just so happened to bump into. A concerned Y/N was about to warn him but all he mustered was a, "I'm okay." Leaving her in a giggling mess.

--

word count: 821