soulmates - HARRY

HARRY POTTER x READER

In a universe in which every person has a tattoo from birth of the first words that their soulmate exchanges with them

--

        Black and white was all he ever saw, he envied the people that started seeing color in the 7th year once they had met their soulmate. The thing that questioned him was his soulmate tattoo that was inked onto his delicate wrist, 'Hey scarhead.' Sounded like a Slytherin move, Harry thought; and he was right.

        She had heard the name all over school, he was certainly the most popular boy in school, the boy who lived, Harry Potter. She didn't know the backstory as to why he was so popular, but it did have to do something with that scar on his forehead.

        It was a simple morning at Hogwarts, the students were causing ruckus throughout Hogwarts as they were scurrying off to their classes. Y/N was strutting the hallways with her Slytherin friends by her side, laughing about the stupid things they had done together. A certain trio caught her attention as she saw them walk by Y/N's gang, the girl focused her eyes on the popular boy she heard all around school. "Hey scarhead!" She chuckled.

        The boy turned around, eyes wide, his hand clasped his wrist. He turned to her asking the most simplest word in the English language, "What?" It was a straightforward and easy response, but it was enough to make her tense up and look at the word that was tattoo across her arm.

        Both of the soulmates' friends stepped away from the awkwardness that surrounded the area. The Gryffindor and Slytherin looking at each other with the most flabbergasted looks. The girl started to speak up, clearing her throat as if she had been hit in the chest multiple amount of times, "S-So...um, you're my soulmate?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

        "W-Well I-I guess so..." He trailed off, looking everywhere but her; finding the intricate paint on the walls interesting rather than meeting his soulmate. At that moment, the pair's visions cleared up. They finally see color, and it was beautiful.

--

word count: 334