inspiration - BARRY

BARRY ALLEN x READER

In which Barry periodically goes to Jitters but somehow always sees a girl there, typing up on her computer

In which Barry periodically goes to Jitters but somehow always sees a girl there, typing up on her computer. Boy meets girl, bam they fall in love right? Not their story...

--

        DAY 1. It was a Sunday, he had work and she had an entry to write. He decided to stop by a place he's all too familiar with to grab a cup of joe to go. She chose to do the same.

        He goes for the coffee, she goes there for inspiration. It was bound for the both of them to meet somehow.

        That was the day, a cappuccino he ordered from the barista, him patiently waiting for his order to be called out; that was when he saw her. Sitting on one of the uncomfortable chairs that the café had many to offer, her laptop on the square table with a notepad next to it. While her brows were furrowed, an obvious look of concentration, as she typed her delicate fingers across the keyboard.

        The moment he saw her face, he was in shock at her beauty, gaping almost. The barista called out suddenly, "one large cappuccino for Barry!?"

        The young man shook his head, snapping out of his mini daydream. Taking the coffee from the woman, smiling his infamous smile showing off his pearly whites as thanks.

        With one last look at the mysterious girl, he left to go save the day.

        DAY 2. He was there yet again, it's officially been apart of his daily routine to get a cup of caffeine before he arrived at his workplace. 'I guess you can say coffee has taken part of my life now,' he would say if anyone commented about it. However, it was true if anyone had the courage to question about it.

        When he was in line for the second day that week that was when he saw her, yet again, typing away at her keyboard. Her Y/H/C hair parted on her shoulder neatly, as it cascaded down to her waist.

        Barry couldn't help but gape at her, again. He looked down at the watch that his adoptive father gave him, sad to go to work now.

        DAY 3. This time he went to the coffee shop around the afternoon, it was a Tuesday; one of his favorite days since it's his day off.

        That's usually the day where he goes to his day job, S.T.A.R labs. But, today was different, he went to Jitters with his friends today.

        As soon as he stepped foot into the ornate cafe, with his two friends by his side, he saw her once again. It was this time though, she stopped typing on her laptop and looked up to meet his gaze, their eyes met for a split second but it felt much longer than that.

        Cisco was the person that snapped him out of his daze, telling him that they found a table. It was at least 3 feet away from the stunning girl.

        The entire moments that Barry shared his company with his pals, he kept his gaze on the mysterious girl that he keeps coming across somehow.

        Any time she would look up to meet his stare, he turns to his companions and played it off as if he was included in their conversation. Barry was whipped yet he didn't even know it.

        Caitlin and Cisco observed, sending a few knowing glances at one another. They didn't bother to mention anything until they arrived back to the lab, Cisco immediately bringing it up to a discussion. "So who was that girl at Jitters you were staring at?"

        Barry just gave his long-haired buddy a side glance, furrowing his brows. "I don't know what you're talking about..." He trailed off, quite noticeably.

        His pal gave him a mischievous expression, "Dude just ask her out." The sentence made the brunet sigh, shrugging his shoulders.

        DAY 4. The sentence that Cisco informed him kept replaying in his head, over and over. Though Barry tried his best to shake it off.

        The brown-haired man didn't know that they were going to meet again except this time it wasn't in their usual place.

        It was the job where his childhood best friend Iris worked, Picture News. The young man arrived to pick up his best friend for lunch.

        Barry approached her desk, where he greeted her. "Barry! I'd love for you to meet someone," the young woman enthusiastically greeted him without actually greeting him.

        He was confused but still smiled his shy smile, and that's when he saw her. Iris gently grabbed her by her wrist. The girl's eyes grew wide when she saw him, it was the young man she has been coincidentally seeing day after day. Even though she didn't look up to notice the first few times, she still viewed him from the corner of her Y/E/C eyes.

        Once Iris brought the mystery girl next to her, they were finally viewed at up close. "Barry, I would like for you to meet my new colleague Y/N."

        After looking into each other's sparkling eyes for a brief period, they had introduced each other. "Hi, I'm Y/N Y/L/N." She politely extended her hand for him to shake.

        He charmingly smiled, showing off his pearly whites. "Um...Barry Allen," he shook her hand, butterflies erupting in both of their stomach's. "Nice to finally be acquainted with you." 

        The girl bashfully blushed under his intense gaze

        DAY 5. It was officially a work day again; waking up at the crack of dawn, he shot up from his bed to get ready for the day with his speed of lightning.

        He commenced his daily routine by arriving at Jitters, then he saw her once again—the legendary Y/N.

        She peered up from her computer screen for the first time, smiling at him. He beamed back. Then checked his watch, luckily he had about ten minutes to spare especially since he is the fastest man alive.

        He approached her table, pointing at the empty chair that sits across the table from her, "This seat taken?" She shook her head as a response. He pulled up the chair, resting down on it. "Hey," Barry chuckled.

        "Hi," she shyly smiled at him, resting her jaw on the palm of her hand.

        A moment of awkward silence was in the atmosphere—the pair searching through their mind to find something to talk about. The chatter of the coffee shop acting as background music. 

        Suddenly, Barry asked the question that he had been dying to ask her from the beginning. "Why is it that every time I see you, you always seem super attentive towards your computer?"

        She licked her lips before speaking, "Well, I'm a writer and I recently started working at Picture News. Aside from actually doing my job, I like to write."

        "But why write here?"

        Y/N looked around the cinnamon smelling café, softly smiling then looked at the cute boy in front of her, who's looking so attentively at her. "I come here for inspiration." She uttered with her velvety voice.

        One thing Barry knew at that moment, was that he was absolutely awestruck.

        At least he knows something now, fifth time's the charm.

--

word count: 1183