quidditch - OLIVER

OLIVER WOOD x READER

In which during Quidditch tryouts, Oliver admits his schoolboy crush on the girl and asks her out after being practically amazed by her

--

        The sun arose from its sleep and out in Scotland, birds chirping happily delighted that it was a new day. The trees beside Hogwarts began to bloom beautifully day by day, a slight gust of wind hitting once in awhile. It was the season of Spring and everyone was excited.

        The sunlight hit the grassy Quidditch field. Students were lined with their brooms in the palm of their hand, all from each house, chatting quietly. Which meant only one thing, Quidditch tryouts. Y/N was one of the students from the Y/H/N house; feeling nervous and queasy, her stomach doing multiple somersaults. This was her first time trying out for Quidditch and she didn't want to ruin it. Especially since her crush was out on the field.

        Oliver Wood, being the team captain of Gryffindor, was the judge for the tryouts.

        She started to stare dreamily at the guy, the way she usually did on a daily basis during the classes that she shared with him. As soon as Oliver moved his way forward to the students that were lined up with their brooms, was when Y/N broke her gaze and tried to act smooth by looking at the ground before her to make it seem subtle. "If most of you were on the team last year, that doesn't mean you'll make it in this year so don't get your hopes up." His eyes flickered at Y/N. They lingered for a while until he broke the gaze, to which she noticed, blushing right away. "Would anyone like to go first?"

        The girl decided to be bold for once and raised her hand, "I would." Oliver took notice and smirked, making her smile sweetly.

        "Are you sure?" The Gryffindor challenged.

        The girl seemed a bit offended, she picked her head up high, all the students looking at her with wide eyes. "You don't have to ask me twice." She scoffed, already placing her broom between her legs and flying off into the teal sky. The spring breeze blew her Y/H/C hair, the feeling of freedom radiating off of her she felt as if she was on cloud nine. She smiled at nothing, letting out a howl the moment she did an impossible backflip with her broom, a trick she learned after practicing many times. Eventually she flew back down, grinning widely at the people that clapped for her.

        Oliver spoke up, "I think all of you should warm up first before you fly so do that while I talk to Y/N here." The rest of the team started warming up as the team captain walked over to his crush. "Hey, that was amazing. Y-You're amazing, a-and I wanted to tell you this for a really long time but I never came around to it so here I am rambling..." Y/N chuckled, as he took a deep breath, exhaling, he uttered, "do you want to go out with me this week?"

        The girl grinned, feeling as if she was on cloud nine now more than when she was flying, so she couldn't help but answer with, "I would love to."

--

word count: 525