not a chance, potter (3 + final) - JAMES

YOUNG!JAMES POTTER x READER

In which James is a cocky flirt and Y/N is hard to get

--

        She wasn't sick of him anymore. She liked him actually. Liked his face, his hair, his smile, his whole-hearted laugh, the feeling she had when she was around him. Even though her feelings totally changed towards him, she will never admit it to herself.

        It's been exactly a week since they had finished the project, now that they have parted ways there's some feeling within one another. A feeling of emptiness.

        The feeling usually appears when they have spotted one another, in the Grand Hall for instance. The moment their eyes met, it's like fire and water; once they see each other the feeling of loneliness is no longer there. The youngster's stare for a while, trapped in a daze. Until one of their friends snap them out of that daze and into the real world, that's when that feeling is returned.

        Happens again when the pair passed each other in the hall while they were both chatting away with their companions. Their eyes met again, hands brushing against each other, butterflies in both of their stomach's. At that moment it's no longer a feeling, it's just devotion and lust.

        They're not admitting it to each other that it's no longer a feeling, until one day.

        "Oh, my Godric Y/N, you're so in love with him." Y/N's friend rolled her eyes, a cigarette on her lips just waiting to be lit.

        The girl had a shocked look on her face, "what are you talking about?"

        Her friend lit the cig, standing up ready to speak, "I'm talking about you and James fucking Potter, I've been studying you for the past few days and you don't seem like yourself ever since you started that project with the guy..." with a pause she inhaled the cigarette and exhaled, "it's obvious it's because of him and the fact that you like him."

        Realization hit the Y/H/C girl instantly, like a punch in the face. With one foot out of the door she's stuttering, "I-I-I gotta go."

        Panting already, she ran as fast as she could towards the Room of Requirement. Passing by many student's with faces of bewilderment.

        Out of breath, the girl arrived at the Room of Requirement. She didn't know why she came here, probably in hope.

        Y/N went inside, however, as she looked up at the replica of the Gryffindor common room her breath hitched at the presence of the other person.

        None other than the famous James Prongs Potter.

        The silence was the only thing in the room. Their thoughts being the loudest thing in the place. After each thought, they would take a step closer to each other.

        "Mate you like her, you have to go for it."

        Step.

        "Does he really like you though? Or was it all just a game to him?"

        Step.

        "But that's the thing, does she like you?"

        Step.

        Once there were an appropriate few inches between them, mistletoe blossomed above the pair.

        James was about to speak up that was until Y/N cut him off.

        "Don't speak." The girl then grabbed the young man by the neck and crushed her plump lips onto his thin ones.

        He smiled into the kiss, falling for her by the second. His hands wrapping around her waist, her hands tangling themselves into his hair.

        Breaking the kiss for a fresh breath of air, "How'd you know I'd be here?" He asked, panting.

        The girl grinned, "I had a feeling."

--

word count: 578