meet the potters (au) - HARRY

HARRY POTTER x READER

ALTERNATE UNIVERSE- In which the Potter's are alive and their only son brings his girlfriend home to meet his parents

--

        The crickets were sound chirping on the campus of Hogwarts, as the snow fell from the gloomy sky onto the ice-covered ground. No student or professor dared to roam the ancient hallways of the wizarding school at this hour. The only exception would be Harry and his girlfriend of two years, Y/N; who sat on the couches of the Gryffindor Common room where they couldn't sleep.

        His pale hands stuffed in her Y/H/C hair as the couple sat by the fire, her head in his chest, in a comfortable silence. Out of the blue, Harry spoke up, "The holidays are coming up..."

        Y/N smiled the thought of Christmas making her feel cheerful, "Yeah." The girl looked up at her boyfriend, a smile not leaving her face.

        He sighed. He practiced what he wanted to tell her many times, looking at the mirror, talking to himself, using Ron as an example. This time he used the strategic way of telling her is to act as if he was ripping off a band-aid, "I want you to meet my parents."

        The moment he confessed what he has been piling up in his chest for a while, she opened her previously closed eyes rapidly and moving from her lying position to right beside him on the scarlet couch. "W-What did you just say?" She stuttered, starting to feel apprehensive under his gaze.

        "You heard me." The green-eyed man smiled, grabbing her gentle hand, the simple gesture making Y/N's heart melt.

        Her response was what made Harry's heart melt, "Okay."

--

        The couple was bundled up in the usual attire for the cold nipping weather of December: an undershirt, thick sweater, and top it off with a coat. With their bags in their hands, they trudged down the streets of where Harry grew up in, Godric's Hollow. He let out a puff of breath he hadn't realized he had been holding when he stopped and turned to a house. A smile came its way on Harry's face, as he uttered the words that meant so much to him, "Home."

        The girl by his side brought her arm down to lace her delicate fingers with his slender ones, "Welcome home." The two looked at each other with adoration, smiling like idiots.

        Their moment was interrupted by the door of the estate flying open, greeted by a grinning Lily Evans. Her hands flying to her mouth, tears almost escaping her eyes as her eyes landed on her son. "Harry! Oh, come in, come in."

        With grateful smiles, and hands clasped together, the couple stepped into the Potter house. As soon as they stepped foot into the Potter estate, they were greeted by a man and woman, Y/N guessing it was Harry's mother and father.

        The woman threw her arms around the lanky boy, "Oh, my boy Harry, how I've missed you so much!"

        He enveloped his arms around his mother's waist, hugging her tightly, smiling into her red hair, "I missed you too, mum." Harry retracted his arms around her, switching to his father, tackling him into a bear hug. "Dad."

        The girl was standing there, taking in the sight of what was right in front of her, the Potter family. She took that time to sit there, analyzing Harry's parents. Harry didn't look anything like his mum but as they were greeting each other she noticed her eyes, the same green eyes with that tiny sparkle in them that she fell in love with. She trailed her eyes off to his dad to see many similarities between them, from the hair, the glasses, and the face structure. Unknowingly, her lips curled up into a smile seeing them all greet each other as if they haven't seen one another in years.

        Her train of thought was then interrupted by his mother's voice, "And who's this?" She asked, curiously with a polite smile on her features.

        "I would like you both to meet someone..." He walked to where Y/N was standing, pulling her to his side he announced, "this is Y/N, my girlfriend."

        His parents had a surprised look on their faces and Y/N couldn't help but feel a bit self-conscious, what could they possibly be thinking? Though they quickly recovered from their shock and replaced the look with a genuine smile on both of their faces.

        "It is so nice to meet you Y/N. I'm Harry's mum." She wrapped her arms around the petite girl, catching her slightly off guard. Well, the Potter's are huggers.

        Once Harry's mother pulled away, Harry's father started to speak. "And I'm Harry's dad. Welcome to the Potter household." The man held his hand out for the girl to shake formally, she took it then noticed that he had quite the firm grip.

        She grinned from ear-to-ear, "It's lovely to meet you both, Mister and Misses Potter. Your home is lovely."

        "Thank you, but oh please, just call us Lily and James." The woman shrugged off followed by a chuckle escaping her lips. "Well, once you both get settled into your rooms, dinner will be ready and you may follow us into the kitchen. Harry, you can show her to your rooms, right?"

        With a nod of his head, Harry leads his girlfriend by the waist. They were about to go up the stairs when James stopped him, muttering something inaudible that no one could hear but Harry. "Don't mess this up, I like her."

        A laugh escaped Harry along with a shake of his head, "Wasn't planning to."

        That night was filled with bonding, laughs, and many comforting hand holding under the table between Y/N and Harry. At that moment, Harry knew he was immensely in love with the girl.

--

i think this was super cheesy but i loved writing this

word count: 935