the boy next door - REMUS

YOUNG!REMUS LUPIN x READER

In which a new family moves next door to Y/N when she's succeeding through adolescence, they develop a friendship and soon, there are feelings involved

--

        Moving trucks could be heard in the quiet street that Y/N lived in for thirteen years. A family emerged from the house that was beside Y/N's. A woman, a man, and a boy that looked about the girl's age. The girl could be seen looking through her window in interest and delight that she has a new friend to play with now.

        Later that night, the family knocked on the Y/N/L's door. Y/N's mother opened the door. She was greeted by a lovely looking couple and a small boy. "Hello, we're the Lupins. We just moved in next door, and we were going from door to door to greet our new neighbors." The woman offered a kind smile.

        "Oh! Please come in, I was just getting dinner ready." Y/N's mother guided the family into the house, "Honey! Come down here, meet our new neighbors!" She called out to her husband.

        "You have a lovely home." Mr. Lupin pointed out.

        "Thank you so much," Right as she said that, footsteps started to descend from the staircase, "Ah! There they are." A girl caught the little boy's eye, followed by her father behind her. The girl looked back at the boy, greeting him with a friendly smile. "These are the light of my lives, this is my baby girl Y/N, and my sweet husband Y/D/N (your dad's name)."

        That was the first time they met eyes, they became best friends ever since then. Throughout the years, they became closer and closer until feelings became involved. The two families would have conjoined dinners together at one another's houses, Remus and Y/N would sit across from each other. From time to time, Y/N would look at Remus' way only to find him already looking at her. She would smile looking away, her cheeks darkening.

        It wasn't until one day when Y/N caught sight of something that shouldn't have been seen. One night, a full moon was on display in the night sky. Y/N chose to walk to Remus' house through her back door to Remus' backyard. She saw Remus transform into something that was not normal.

        She gasped in surprise, covering her mouth with her hands. Remus shifted into something supernatural and cannot be explained. She quickly ran from the backyard of his house to her house before he could see her. Hours passed and footsteps could be heard nearing Y/N's room, she knew it was Remus. A knock followed and she let out a simple "come in."

        "Hey." Remus sighed. Cuts aligned his face, Y/N suddenly having the extreme urge to touch each of them following with a soft peck. She shook those thoughts out of her head, the boy sitting on the edge of her bed.

        Moments of silence passed and Y/N finally chose to speak up, "Hours ago I saw you transform into something that wasn't..." She was attempting to find a word that would fit with her thoughts, "normal."

        He had a guilty look etched on his face when he looked up at the girl. She had a sympathetic look on her face, her hand about to reach out to him.

        "You probably think I'm a monster now." He looked down at himself, ashamed. The boy picked up his feet, standing from his spot on her bed.

        Remus was about to reach the door when she said, "I don't." He turned back to her, bewildered. "I don't think you're a monster."

        The sandy-haired boy crossed his arms over his chest, leaning against her door, "Why aren't you afraid of me?"

        "Seriously? I have worse nightmares about failing my advanced classes."

        He chuckled, looking down at the hardwood floors beneath him. "You-you are-" The young man struggled to find the right words.

        "Beautiful, a genius, immensely talented-" She chuckled.

        "Dangerous." Her laughs stopped when he said that, and she was in awe of the words that followed after that. "And I am so in love with you."

        Remus instantly regretted confessing that when she was left with nothing to say, her mood shifting to shock. She stood up from her bed, him patrolling every step she took. She was in front of his face now, sharing a close proximity that they practically shared breaths, "You have no idea how much I wanted you to say that."

        They sealed the deal with a kiss.

--

word count: 740