comfort - SIRIUS

YOUNG!SIRIUS BLACK x READER

In which Sirius asks advice from his best friend James on how to comfort his crush, Y/N

--

        It all happened on a Sunday morning in the Gryffindor Common Room. Sirius arose from his deep sleep with a fresh mind to a new start of the day. He was soon followed by James. Remus and Peter already located downstairs in the Great Hall for breakfast. The best friend duo descended the stairs of the boy's dormitories, having a quick chit-chat on certain topics here and there.

        They were about to move towards the last step of the stairs when the sound of sniffles chimed their ears. It could be heard from a few feet away from them. The young men looked to witness a girl weeping with a tissue in hand, sat in one of several scarlet sofas of the Gryffindor Common Room.

        "Who's that?" Sirius questioned to James right beside him.

        "A girl." James plainly joked.

        The dark-haired boy chuckled, "Well other than that obvious statement, who is the girl?" Sirius was studying the girl from afar beside his friend. His friend didn't take notice of his observing, though by the silky hair and the posture the female displayed he was surely confident it was his longtime crush Y/N. "It's Y/N." He admitted.

        "You still like her right?" Prongs questioned.

        Sirius nodded his way. He began to shake his shoulders, throwing his hand her way. "She's crying, what do I do?"

        "Go comfort her."

        "And how do I do that?"

        "Start with hugs."

        "With what?"

        James facepalmed. "Just go and make her feel better." He pushed his friend into the Common Room. Though before he could protest Y/N already caught sight of him.

        "Oh, Sirius. I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." The girl started to harshly wipe her tears.

        He slowly came to sit next to her on the couch. "Hey, no need to wipe your tears." Sirius softly said. "Tell me what happened." She sniffled in reply. Shaking her shoulders, not wanting to admit what's been eating her up inside. "You know you can tell me." The young man stated.

        He looked into her dreamy eyes and almost melted. She hesitated at first but began to tell him. "I'm so stressed about my grades and the pressure my parents put me in. They pressure me so much for me to have good grades and I just can't handle that stress anymore and I feel like they only do this to me to only make me suffer even more." She cried even harder when she let out her feelings, burying her face in her hands. Each cry that escaped her lips made Sirius' heartbreak slowly.

        He gently placed his hands on her shoulders, turning her body to face him. "Hey, look at me..." He wiped the continuous tears off her face, "You know your parents only do that for you to succeed and not to suffer." She sniffled, looking down at the carpeted floor as he spoke. "Honestly I wish my parents did that to me, that's when I would know that they care for me."

        She looked back up to meet his gaze, she nervously tucked a stray of hair behind her ear. The intensity of his gaze overpowering her.

        The girl didn't know what to do but hug Sirius tightly. He wasn't expecting her to do that, he chose not to say anything but instead, wrap his arms tight around her.

--

word count: 562