arranged - REMUS

YOUNG!REMUS LUPIN x READER

In which Remus and Y/N despise each other, yet agree to an arranged marriage which leads to things they would never expect

--

        They have known each other since they were kids. They despised one another. It stuck with each other ever since they were children to their current being as young adults. Their parents were completely oblivious to this, they thought they would be the perfect couple if they ever got married.

        They had the talk from their parents when they were in the midst of graduating from Hogwarts.

        "Y/N, honey..." Y/N's mother began to speak, "So you're almost about to graduate from Hogwarts, you obviously know you have to get married by the time you get a job." The girl nodded along to what her mother was telling her. "This is why I want you to get married to-"

        Before her mother could finish her sentence, Y/N was interrupting her speech, "No way! No! You're not arranging me to get married to anyone, I know I'll hate him anyway."

        "Remus." Her mother cleared up anyway. "You should get married to Remus."

        Y/N had a shocked look on her face, "Even better! Might as well let me marry the dark lord or something!"

        Her mother was furious. "Don't you dare say that Remus is a nice young man. You can get along with him...."

        "No mother, I won't. He's been pulling my hair ever since we were toddlers, he is a complete jerk to me no matter what I do and we can't ever possibly get along, let alone be married!"

        "But when you marry him you'll soon fall in love with him. That's how it was with your father." She smiled.

        "Well, that's different. You and dad didn't despise each other." The girl plopped herself down on the couch of their lounge, resting her head. Her mother sighed beside her, leaving her alone with her thoughts.

Meanwhile, that night, Remus got a similar talk with his own parents.

        "Son, you're almost about to graduate. You need to get a wife." His father started, his mother alongside him, "We think you and Y/N would be perfect."

        The sandy-haired young man scoffed, "I can't marry her! She'd kill me in a week!"

        Nevertheless, without the care of their parents, they had to get married anyway.

        The first night was extremely awkward. Remus moved to their new king-sized bed, Y/N on the opposite side. They were about to go to bed since it was almost late. The newly-wedded couple plopped into their bed, Remus on the right and Y/N laid on the left side of the bed.

        A moment of silence was shared between the two. Remus decided to break the silence by announcing a "goodnight" to the girl beside him. She followed with a weak "goodnight" back to him.

        The next morning was just as uncomfortable. The sun rose, glimmering upon the windows of their shared bedroom. Remus woke his tired eyes by rubbing them. Y/N gently stretched beside him. The young man turned to her, offering her a hint of a smile. "Good morning."

        "Morning." She replied, shortly.

        "How did you sleep?" He asked.

        "Alright, you?"

        He nodded, "Okay. Um, do you want to use the bathroom first or should I?"

        The girl shook her shoulders, "You could use it, I'll go in after you." He sent her a smile her way. Y/N felt a weird reaction in her stomach, nevertheless, she smiled back.

        It was that night a thunderstorm erupted the skies of London. Y/N was terrified. She's always had a phobia of thunderstorms, and when they happened she usually slept with her parents. Though she had no choice but to sleep beside Remus like the previous night before.

        The lightning hit the ground with a terrifying sound that made goosebumps appear on Y/N's skin. The lightning didn't have any effect on Remus at all. He had been through much worse. She laid on the shared bed, Remus beside her. Lightning struck which led to Y/N starting to shake and whimper under the covers of the bed.

        The girl heard Remus shift to her side, "Y/N? What's wrong?"

        "Nothing, just go to sleep."

        He tried to go to sleep but he couldn't. Y/N was struggling to close her eyes, he came from behind her and gently put his hands on her exposed shoulders. "I don't care where I'm sleeping. As long as it's with you."

        The young woman snuggled into her husband's embrace, slowly starting to feel something for him. But it will take time.

        One thing was for sure though, that was the best slumber she had ever experienced.

--

word count: 766