Chapter 25: I choose you

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. He was dressed in his tux, looking as good as ever.

"I hate the red color on your lips."

"Why's that?"

"It makes me want to kiss you again."

"You're saying it as if you want to kiss me again."

"Oh, I do want to kiss you again, Williams." I turned to look at him. He was walking towards me. I got up and stood in front of him.

"Screw it." He muttered to himself and smashed his lips on mine. I was startled really. After the track, I had been dreaming about kissing him again everyday. And atlast when it happened, I was so shocked that I just stood there until he deepened the kiss and the sparks reached my toes and then I laced my fingers in his hair and kissed him back with equal force. If breathing weren't important I wouldn't have stopped kissing him, ever.

"I told you not to kiss me again."

"I can't say it Derina! It's hard. I'm scared, scared that something bad will happen. It always happens whenever I get close to someone!" He almost shouted after our heated make out session. I walked towards him. I took hold of his hand in mine. I squeezed it once and he squeezed it back. Gesturing that he understands.

"Live in the moment. Go where life is taking you Mason. There's no use running away from what gives you happiness. And this, gives me happiness." I got on my toes and pressed my lips to his again. I understand why Mason feels like everything will slip through his hands. I understand what losing a person you love will make you feel. But I have to make him realize that holding on to that person is the best way to let that fear go away.

I didn't even care about the lipstick smudging dangerously on his mouth and mine. It was funny. So I laughed.

Mason couldn't say those words to me. I wasn't expecting the 'three words and eight letters', but he couldn't even say that he felt something for me. And it was okay, really. I was glad that he decided to show it to me directly by kissing me. And in that kiss I got everything he wanted to say to me. And again, looking at him, made me realize, how much I had fallen for him.

__________________________

I was waiting on the entrance of the hall. Everyone was inside. The hall was beautifully decorated with light blue and gold. I saw Amelia and her soon to be husband standing together and the way they looked at each other in adoration, the way they laughed and talked, I couldn't help but imagine me and Mason. I was standing there. I looked down at my dress. I don't know, I just didn't know how to face Mason. We had almost confessed that we want to be together.

 We had almost confessed that we want to be together

A hand came on my lower back. I looked to my side. It was Nathan. I smiled at him. He looked handsome. But for one second I wished that it was Mason.

"Come on, let's go in." He said and smiled. But when I started walking he stopped me and looked at me. From up to down and smiled. "You look gorgeous."