Chapter 18: Beach

Start from the beginning

"Mom where are you going with this?" I asked impatiently.

"Derina, I just want you to not throw away your friendship like that. Nathan is pretty upset because of all this. Explain to him. Talk properly to him. Don't let all the complications take away your friendship of so many years." She was right. I sighed.

"Mom I need some time." I said. She nodded.

"Your Dad is taking me out to dinner tonight." She smiled. What a news!

"Great." I said. I slept again and Mom left.

"By the way, Daniel's sister's wedding is in the break." She said. I know Daniel had an elder sister and it was her wedding.

"I know." I said.

"It's in Hawaii." She said, what?

"Are you serious Mom?" I jumped. My grandmother stayed in Hawaii. I loved her and it had been a long time since I met her.

"Yes Derina. It was decided today. His Mother had called me to talk about it." Mom said. I can't wait for break.

______

I called Mason. He wasn't picking up, it was going on voice message. I called for the third time.

"What is it Derina?" Kyra said. She was with him?

"Uh- I want to talk to Mason." I said.

"He's busy. What is it?" She asked. I gritted my teeth.

"Never mind." I hung up.

Dad almost calling a truce in the morning was already disturbing me and all this school shit. Nathan loving me and Mason being with Kyra was killing me. I slept somehow.

___________________

I woke up at 4:00am. I took my phone and called Mason.

"It's 4:00am." He said.

"Yeah I know smart pants." I said sarcastically. "Meet me for a jog?" I asked and I bit my lower lip.

"Uh- Derina yesterday-" He started. Shit I never asked him what happened that night after the club. But I was wearing my dress intact when I woke up in the morning.

"Mason please come." I said.

"Okay I'll be there at 5:30, but we are going to the beach today." Wow beach in the morning.

"Okay!" I said. I hung up and got ready. I was wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants.

I went outside and sat on my porch at 5:20am. My Dad came outside in his jogging suit.

"You are awake at this time and ready for a jog?" He asked surprised. Does he know I never wake up early.

"Yeah I'm going to the beach with Mason." I said and his eyebrows shot up.

"I thought you and Nathan were together."

"We were never together. We are on the outs these days."

"But don't let your friendship die." He said. "I'm sorry Derina. Sorry for all these years. I know I have treated you badly. No apology will fix it but I'll try my best to mend our relationship." He said.

"What do you do with Mr. Anderson?" I asked him. He smiled.

"Work." He said. He said he'll be back in a second and went in. I was waiting and wondering what happened to Dad suddenly.

Mason's car pulled up in front of me and another car was tailing behind. Bodyguards.

I motioned for him to wait.