Chapter 9: Party (part 3)

Start from the beginning

It was the perfect moment and position for a kiss. But why would we kiss? We've just met and it's not like we like each other or something. I do feel something when he even looks at me. His touch makes me crazy. But I don't think I Like- I couldn't think further because a ball suddenly came and hit Mason's head. We were so lost that we didn't realize it.

I laughed and he left me and took the ball and he glared at Derek, Jess and Dan who were laughing. A-holes.

"Don't laugh Derina. I sure as hell can shut you up." He smirked. Sexual innuendos.

"You can try all you want." I said and swam away from him. I went to all our friends and we talked and had a great night. Jess and I were staying the night together at her house.

__________________

"Hey Derina, did you enjoy the party?" Derek was walking beside me towards the parking. I looked at Mason he was already waiting for my answer.

"Sure I did!" I said it as if I was saying it to Mason. He was happy with my answer because most of the party I enjoyed was with him.

"See you at school guys. Happy hangover." Kyra said to everyone. Nathan was holding her hand. What happened between them tonight? He saw me looking at him and I raised one eyebrow which said 'hand holding?' He just smiled at me which meant 'I'll tell you later' I smiled back.

"Dare, I'm going at Nick's place tonight. Can't do the sleepover with you." Jess said. What the Hell.

"I don't want to know the details." I stopped her and looked at Nick. He smiled.

"Derina I can't drop you because I have to take Cam and Becky (Camilla and Rebecca) to our uncle's place tonight." Derek told me. Okay he was my ride.

"I'll have to call a car for me then."I said.

"I'll drop you Derina. You don't have to go alone at night." Mason said to me. I looked at Daniel but he had his girlfriend with him.

"Okay." So after saying goodbye to everyone we walked to his car which the guards just brought up for us.

He opened the door for me which I never expected him to do.

I sat in with a smile and he saw the amused expression of mine.

"You know they say that-" He started saying.

"- chivalry isn't dead yet." I completed the sentence. He chuckled.

"So your Dad is a racer. You didn't tell me on purpose." I said to him.

He looked at me for a second and then back to the road."Yes I thought you'd know that." I nodded. Our fathers know each other well.

"And should I ask about your bloodshot eyes when you left the party." He asked me.

"Nothing. Just family stuff." I muttered. He didn't pry much on it again.

"You still don't know what happened in the pool right? " He asked me. What happened? Oh, that.

"Uh. I don't-" I stopped because I didn't know what to say.

"Your bikini knot was coming out." Oh my God.

"I saw it and so I came to you and tied it up. You didn't even realize it." He said as if he was worried about what if he hadn't seen it.

"Uh- Thanks for that." I said. And here I thought you were going to kiss me.

"What?" He laughed. "It's not like I won't ever. But not so soon." Well yes. exactly what you're thinking. I spoke that out loud. But he said he'll kiss me.

"Oh. I didn't even ask you, are you even sober enough to drive, Mason?" That sentence was making me nervous. He exactly knew that and so he smiled at my way of changing the topic.

"I'm fine. I can keep drink the whole night." He said.

We reached my house and I didn't wait for him to open the door for him and climbed out of his car.

He got out and came to my side.
"See you at school?" He said.

"Yeah. Good night." I said through drooping eyes. He left me at the door of my house.

He walked to his car and I watched him walk. My eyes were closing. I could just sleep here on the steps.

"By the way," He said, while getting in his car, I turned back again to face him, "I am still sober. And I won." He smiled. I didn't realize I was wobbling on my feet and he had dropped me at the door the whole time steading me on my feet and holding me by the waist.

I smiled."Ooh, I let you win today Mason. Or else you would feel bad." I chuckled and he laughed.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Dare." He said, winked and got in his car and left the driveway.

I smiled and walked up to my room and immediately went to sleep. Today was great.

____________________________________

Mason and Derina's challenge? what do you guys think about it.

Vote and comment.