Black eyes and tragic nights

Third person P.O.V twigged warning, bullying, suicide mentions and attempts
Virgil was born with something that could be either a blessing or a curse, it was very rare. His eyes would change color with his mood or thoughts, almost like a mood ring you'd show off in 5th grade. At first Virgil loved it, everyone found it awesome and beautiful, especially a kid named Roman he met in 7th grade, before things got dark. They went into 8th grade together, being closer than close. Roman had made it a game to figure out what each color meant, and by now he found them all out except for pink and a color that showed up with the bullies, black. Virgil's eyes went from being yellow and pink when he looked at Roman, to being a solid black 24/7. The bullying was bad, they'd call him every name they could and sometimes beat him terribly, even breaking his nose once or twice. Roman was always worried about Virgil, because ever since his eyes went black his happiness seemed to vanish completely, his usually colorful orbs never showing yellow, or anything again. It was a week before the incident when Virgil started acting weird. It started with Virgil making dark comments.
"Life isn't worth living Roman... why are we here?"
"You'd be better if I was gone..."
"I can't deal with it anymore, it's to hard." This already scared Roman, not getting his hints and cries for help. Then it got weirder, Virgil willingly giving his most valuable things away, even one of his spare jackets to his few other friends.
"Just take it, I won't need it much longer." This is where Roman really knew something was going to happen. Virgil started coming to school more tired than usual, his eyes bloodshot. One day Roman was over at Virgil's house, the night before it happened. It was Friday, and Roman was staying over. As they were talking in Virgil's bedroom, when Roman had to go to the restroom. He got up and excused himself, walking into the bathroom connected to Virgil's bedroom. After he went, he went to the sink to wash his hands, when he saw a blade sitting on the counter, next to it a bottle of pills. Roman gasped, covering his mouth as tears threatening to spill. He quickly washed his hands and ran out, hugging Virgil. Virgil sat confused, but hugged back tightly, realizing how much he needed this. Roman nuzzled into his neck, squeezing him extra hard.
"I hope you know how much you mean to me..." Virgil froze suddenly, realizing what Roman had seen. He pushed Roman off him, curling up in a ball.
"Roman I think you need to go."
Romans P.O.V
"Roman I think you need to go."
"B-b-"
"No... I'm sorry Roman I just don't feel good." I looked at his black eyes with tears in them. I nodded, agreeing to leave. I walked out of his apartment sadly, walking down the sidewalk slowly. I reached the end of his street before remembering I forgot my phone. I walked back up his street, then up his stairs once I reached them. I opened his door, forgetting to knock.
"Hey vir-" I noticed the bathtub water was running. My heart started racing as I ran upstairs, instantly throwing his door open and running to the bathroom door. The door was locked, making me pound on it as hard as I could.
"Virgil! Virgil don't do it!" I heard nothing but water running as I started ramming my shoulder into the door. I soon realized that wasn't going to work and decided to kick right next to the handle as hard as I possibly could, the door flying open instantly. What I saw broke my heart instantly, no.. more shattered it. I saw Virgil sitting in the bathtub fully clothed with his eyes black and sleeves rolled up, a blade almost touching his delicate soft skin. I ran over to him and pulled the blade from his hands, cutting my finger in the process. I yelled but focused on helping him. He was sobbing heavily, refusing any help I offered him. I glanced at the ground next to the bathtub when I saw the empty pill bottle.
"V-Virgil did you swallow the pills?" He nodded, whimpering loudly as I pulled him out of the bathtub.
"Virge, I'm not letting you die you either make yourself throw up or I will." I glanced around for a phone before he answered, seeing his and grabbing it, quickly calling 911.
"911 what's your emergency?"
"M-my bestfriend downed a bottle of pills.." I finished the other questions and gave them my address before I hung up.
"Virgil pick one." He stared at me for a second, me trying not to break down and hug him. He opens his mouth and made himself throw up into the toilet. I rubbed his back gently, holding his bangs back as I tried to comfort him, not being able to hold back my own sobs now.
"I-I-it's o-okay v-v-Virgil..." was all I could get out before I loudly sobbed again.
Virgil's P.O.V
All I could hear was Romans broken voice as I threw up the pills I had taken. I didn't regret it, but I could hurt Roman by not doing it. I cried, but not as loud as him as I threw up repeatedly. I focused on Romans hands rubbing my hand and holding my hair, finding some comfort in this terrifying situation in his touch.
"Y-you're going to b-b-" He was interrupted by a sob.
"B-be Okay..." the front door was suddenly open and 3 people ran up, finding me and Roman in the bathroom. They pulled me away from Roman, luckily just as I finished throwing up. The random people laid me down on a stretcher, carrying me downstairs. I sobbed loudly, screaming Romans name when I lost sight of him. He was the only thing I could find comfort in right now. He ran down quicker, standing right behind me and holding my hand that I had reached up towards him.
"It's okay, I'm here Virg I'm here..." he cried softly. They got me out and to the ambulance, loading me in alone. I screamed for Roman again, and looked up to see I'm arguing with the people. The last thing I heard was
"YOU CANT KEEP ME FROM HIM! I LOVE HIM!" Before I blacked out.
Romans P.O.V
I yelled at the medics to let me sit with him in the back.
"Sir, only family can sit in the back."
"YOU CANT KEEP ME FROM HIM! I LOVE HIM!" The medics looked at each other and sighed.
"Hurry and get it." I cried in joy and jumped in, sitting next to the boy I loved as I held his cold hand.
"Don't go Virgil, hold on, please..." I felt him squeeze my hand weakly, even in his unconscious state he must've known it was me.
Time skip to the hospital
I sat next to Virgil's hospital bed, still squeezing his hand. We were alone, after the doctors had taken care of him they finally let me in once things calmed down. I scooted my chair closer, pushing his bangs back and kissing his cold forehead.
"Virgil, I doubt you can hear me but I love you, okay? I want you to know how much I love you and how much I care and need you, I need you to be okay or I don't think I'll ever be okay again." I sat there silently for five minutes before I felt Virgil squeeze my hand.
"Y-y-you'd be fine" I looked up at him, seeing his eyes, one pink and one blue. I slowly smiled, hugging him tighter than ever before.
"Oh my god Virgil you're Fucking alive oh my
God thank god!!" I planted kissed all over his face, not even thinking about it as I did so. He laughed quietly, not being able to make much noise.
"Yeah..." I realized how sad he sounded, so I pulled away and stood next to him.
"Hey... I'm going to stay with you no matter what, you're not doing this again, and I'll make sure of it. I'm staying at your house every night until you're better and happy." He stared at me for a second, his blue eye changing to a bright yellow, the other staying pink. I knew yellow meant happy, but what was pink?"
"Will you please just tell me what pink means?!" I yelled on accident, seeing his yellow eye go to a grey meaning he was nervous and or stressed.
"Oh shoot... sorry you don't need to." I sat down and held his hand gently.
"I-I-I l-love you too" I watched both eyes turn pink.
"It means love, that's what pink means!" I smiled brightly, seeing him smile too. His eyes suddenly went blue.
"Hey... what's wrong...?"
"I-I Just... I'm sorry... I'm sorry for doing something dumb like that, I just... I don't know why I l-l-let t-then get t-to m-m-me.." he started crying softly. I looked at him for a second, before hugging him gently, sitting on the hospital bed with him. I ran my hand through his hair, crying a little bit myself.
"H-hey... its... its alright v-Virgil.. i-i g-get it, they were assholes, and they deserve to be in pain, not you. I'll make sure they leave you alone from now on so they can't get to you anymore, okay?" He whimpered a softy 'okay' into my shoulder. I went to pull out of the hug, but he grabbed my arm.
"L-l-lay with me...?" I nodded an okay and laid next to him, putting my arms gently around his waist. He cuddled into me as much as he could with the IV in his wrist. The doctors knocked on the door, making me nervously jump up and get off the bed, letting them in afterwards.
"Ah Virgil, you're awake!"
Time skip to night.
Virgil couldn't leave until late tomorrow, maybe the day after so I was there with him late at night, trying to make him comfortable in his state of fear and anxiety with the thought of having to be here alone. I played with his hair from my chair, making him close his eyes and melt into my touch. I continued doing this until his breathing evened out. I smiled softly and got up, walking out of the room. I heard him squeak and start pleading.
"N-no! D-d-don't le-leave!" I turned around and saw his scared frame trying to sit up. I ran back over and Laid him down gently.
"Okay okay I won't but you need to stay laying down!"
"S-sorry..." he looked away sadly.
"I-it's okay... I was just worried sorry for yelling..." He shyly looked up at me.
"C-can you please l-lay with me..?" I smiled softly down at his obviously tired state, nodding and laying next to him carefully. He tried to put his arms around me, but yelped when the IV moved, making him move his arms.
"Dammit now I can't even Fucking cuddle you.." I giggled softly and cuddled him, wrapping one arm around his waist and the other in his hair gently playing with it. I felt his breathing even out quickly, making me chuckle softly.
"Goodnight my emo cloud..."

A/n
HelpLines Suicide prevention hotline; http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ Selfharm Hotline; http://www.doorofhope4teens.org/?gclid=COawp7Hxkc8CFYcK0wodKdAAIQ Bullying helpline; http://www.nationalbullyinghelpline.co.uk/ USA; Lifeline: 13 11 14 Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696 Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-8433 LifeLine: 1-800-273-8255 Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386 Sexuality Support: 1-800-246-7743 Eating Disorders Hotline: 1-847-831-3438 Rape and Sexual Assault: 1-800-656-4673 Grief Support: 1-650-321-5272 Runaway: 1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000 Exhale: After Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice: 1-866-4394253 Self Harm: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288) Pregnancy Hotline 1-800-4-OPTIONS (1-800-467-8466) Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) Youth Support Line 800-850-8078 National Association for Children of Alcoholics 1-888-55-4COAS (1-888-554-2627) National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-422-4453 National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233) National Drug Abuse Hotline 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357) National Youth Crisis Hotline 1-800-448-4663 Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention 1-800-931-2237 (Hours:8am-noon daily, PT) Veterans: 1-877-VET2VET Adolescent Suicide Helpline: 1-800-621-4000 Postpartum Depression: 1-800-PPD-MOMS Nami Helpline: 1-800-950-6264 Uk; Childline: 0800 1111 Samaritans: 08457 909090 Abuse Not: 0808 8005015 Brook Young People's Information Service: 0800 0185023 Eating Disorder Support: 01494 793223 Anxiety UK: 0844 477 5774 Depression Alliance: 0845 123 23 20 Rape Crisis Centre: 01708 765200 Rape/sexual assault: 0808 8000 123 (female) or 0808 8000122 (male) Miscarriage Association: 01924 200799 LLGS Helpline (LGBT): 0300 330 0630 Sexuality support: 01708 765200 Bereavment: 0800 9177 416 Runaway/homeless: 0808 800 70 70 CareConfidential Pregnancy/post abortion: 0800 028 2228 Women's Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline 0345 023 468 National AIDS Helpline: 0800 567 123 AUSTRALIA; Helpline 1: 13 11 14 Website: www.lifeline.org.au NSW1800 636 825 SA131465 QLD1300 363 622 WA1800 676 822 NT1800 019 116 TAS1800 332 388 ACT1800 629 354 VIC1300 280 354 Salvos Careline 1300 36 36 22 (National) Lifeline 13 11 14 CA; Helpline 1: 604-872-3311 (Greater Vancouver) Helpline 2: 18666613311 (Toll free-Howe Sound/Sunshine Coast) Helpline 3: 1-866-872-0113 (TTY) Helpline 4: 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) (BC-wide) Website: WWW.CRISISCENTRE.BC.CA Mental Health Crisis Line 1-866-996-0991 (Ottawa and Eastern Ontario) Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868 (All of Canada, age <20) Mental Help Health Line 1-866-531-2600 (Ontario)

Helplines if you're ever in a spot like this. People care and I want to help you, please never think the only way to feel better is to kill yourself, because it's not. You matter so much more than you know and you were put on this planet for a reason.
As Patrick stump said
"Sometimes before it gets better, the darkness gets bigger." And it's true, life may seem pointless at some points, but that moment will pass and you'll be okay again and you'll feel like you have a point.

It'll all be okay, deep breaths for me please?
In for 4, hold for 7, out for 8. Repeat that.
Feel better? Yeah? That's good
If you dont? That's okay to, you will eventually I promise.
I'm here, and there are so many other people here for you too. Stay strong, you amazing lovely beautiful human being.

Hey
you look great today
Smile?
For me?
Thanks!
💘💙💖💚💕💛💗💛💓❤️💓💜💝❤️💞🧡💗💚💘💚💛💓🧡🧡💝💜💞❤️💞❤️💗💖💛💚❣️❣️❣️❣️💗💗❣️💖💘💚💚💕🧡❤️❤️💜💟💝❤️💞💓💚💖💖💙💛💖❤️❤️💗💟💜💓