Detention

(Human AU high school AU cussing
Virgil's P.O.V
Me and Roman had known each other for a long time now. He was definitely my best friend in this entire school, since no one else really liked me. We met in 7th grade, he was really my first friend. He was always so nice and caring to me and it warmed my head to much. We luckily continued going to the same school, which led us to 11th grade. We still go to the same school and have most of our classes together. I was just walking down the hall of our small school when I accidentally bumped into somebody. They whipped around and looked furious, as if they could have killed me right then. I shrank back in fear and stared up at them.
"What the fuck! Watch where you're going fag!" Ouch. That stung a lot. I was used to it at this point, the constant insults being thrown at me over nothing. I looked away, not wanting to answer in fear of making it worse.
"What got nothing to say homo?"
I shrank back even more as they started walking closer to me. They raised their fist, but just as they were about to hit me, someone jumped in front of me and took the hit. I looked up and saw Roman standing there, seeming almost unfazed by the hard hit to his chest. The guy would've hit my face, but since Roman was taller than me, it only hit where his heart would be.
"Roman! Go away I'm fine! I don't want you getting hurt!
"He was going to hit you. No way am I leaving you to get beat up!" The guy swung at Roman again, but Roman caught the hand and twisted it. The guy let out a loud whimper in pain and pulled away. The guy looked even more pissed but before it could escalate the principle showed up.
"Roman! Virgil! Lucas! My office now!"
Time skip
Me and Roman got detention for being  apart of it, but Lucas, I think his name was, got suspended for starting it. He had also been in a few other fights recently so he got the worst punishment. I sat in the back corner desk, my back facing the wall. I sighed loudly.
"This is all your fault Roman! You should've just left me with him, I'm used to it I would've been fine!" I turned to the guy next to me. He was standing up leaning against the wall. Roman seemed to be lost in thoughts.
"Roman!" He snapped out of it and looked over at me. He seemed to get slightly red in the face but I ignored it.
"Hm?"
"I said this is your fault!" He smirked and turned to face me.
"Is that right?"
"Yeah that's right! I don't know why the hell you're smirking! Why the fuck did you step in, you should've just let him hit me I would have been okay!" He got even closer to me. I took it as a challenge and stood up, still having to look up to be able to look him in the eyes.
"Well I couldn't just let him hurt you! That would've been rude! After all you are my best friend!" My heart hurt slightly at that word.
Friend
God I wish we could be m- never mind back on topic.
"I.would.have.been.FINE!" I yelled on accident. He got as close as possible without touching me. Trying to get away from him, I sat on the desk behind me.
"You really should be thanking me not yelling at me." He spoke in a soft whisper close to my face. I got chills and was so tempted to leave forward and just kiss him right now. I shook the thought away.
"You could've gotten hurt! You could've gotten suspended and then I'd be all alone with no friends. Is that what you want? Me to b-"
Roman's P.O.V
I was almost leaning on Virgil now, fighting back the urge to just lean forward and kiss him right now. He started ranting again.

"You could've gotten hurt! You could've gotten suspended and then I'd be all alone with no friends. Is that what you want? Me to bE alone at school?"
"No of corse not love.." I whispered leaning into him even more.
"B-back o-off..."
"I don't think you really want me too love..." he didn't protest so I grabbed his face softly and pulled him towards me, kissing him sweetly, but also kind of rough. He froze and wouldn't move at all. I started to pull away but felt him kiss back right before I did. I smirked slightly into the kiss and leaned into him more, almost sitting on him. He put his hands on the side of my face. I grabbed his wrists gently with one of my hands and put them in his lap. I bit his bottom lip softly, and he opened his mouth letting me deepen the kiss. I let his arms go and they instantly wrapped around my waist tightly. I put my hand on his right cheek and the other behind his neck. Eventually we had to pull away to breath.
"I love you Virg"
"I love you too Roman... uhh... sorry for yelling, thank you..."
"Of corse love, and you're okay don't say sorry. You were just worried."
"Yeah, I was..."
"When are you not worrying though." He jokingly punched my arm.
"Heeyyy!" I laughed lightly.
"Okay okay I'm sorry Vee... I love you though, like a lot.."
"I love you to like a lot nerd."