Kitten

Aa this chapter might be triggering
Warning: animal abuse, including throwing rocks at a kitten, for humans it's kicking, punching. I in no way at all support animal abuse and anyone who hits an animal should be treated 10x worse. How dare someone fucking hit a innocent animal.
Virgil's P.O.V
I walked happily with Roman down our quiet street that both of our houses happened to be on. It was a sunny Friday and we had just gotten out of school.
"So well meet at the usual bench and creek at 4:15?" Roman asked to confirmed our plans.
"Yep! I'll be there." We reached Romans house first as always. We said goodbye and hugged as I continued walking alone. As I was walking I could've sworn I heard a cat yowl, but I ignored it and continued walking figuring it was just two strays fighting. I glanced down at my watch seeing that it was 4:00. I had to hurry home and get ready. As I continued walking I heard the screeching and yowling getting louder. I saw two teens in front of something, throwing pretty big rocks at s tiny frame on the sidewalk. I realize the tiny fluffy frame was what was making the noise, and the two boys were causing it. I knew I wouldn't win, but I had to try.
"HEY! KNOCK IT OFF!" I ran quickly towards them, jumping in front of the kitten to block the rocks. The two boys scowled at me.
"What are you gonna do to stop us?" They punched me in the face when I didn't answer, knocking me to the ground. I yelled but shoved the kitten away, making sure it stayed so I could help it later.
"Just stop! I-it's pointless!" I felt a foot meet my ribs, making me yell in pain. They laughed evilly and kicked me a few more times before I heard a familiar voice.
"Hey what the fuck do you think you're doing!?"
Romans P.O.V
I looked at the time as I got home, seeing it was 4:00. I tossed my backpack down to the ground and ran upstairs to get ready for my usual meet up with Virgil. I got ready quick and made a sandwich, sitting at my table to eat quickly. When I finished I looked at the clock. 4:12. I'm late! I hurried out the door and down the street to our usual spot.
"Hey Virgil sorry I-" I stopped when he wasn't there. He was always early, something had to be wrong. I ran back down the street towards his house, hearing yells as I got closer. When I got near his house I saw two boys kicking kicking what looked to be Virgil on the ground. How dare they fucking hurt my angel? I screamed angrily at the two boys.
"Hey what the fuck do you think you're doing!?" They turned around and saw me, smirking evilly.
"Aww I'm sorry pretty boy did we hurt yo-" they stopped when they realized how much taller I was then them. They froze and slowly backed away from Virgil.
"Woah man we don't want any tro-"
"Fucking save it douche bag." I slapped both of them a crossed the face. They yelled and ran away, yelling at each other. I got on my knees next to Virgil, helping him carefully sit up.
"What the hell happened!?" He looked up at me with glossy eyes and a tear stained face.
"They we-were hurting a k-kitten.. I couldn't just let them g-get away wit-with it.." I took in what he said for a second. I smiled sadly at him.
"W-what?"
"You're the only person I know that would go through this much for a kitten, you're so innocent..." I stood up and held out my hand. He shook his head, making me look at him with confusion all over my face.
"Get the kitten, i-" he coughed harshly.
"I-it's b-b-behind the tree" I shook my head.
"I will once I get you up." I grabbed his hand and hoisted him up. I grabbed his backpack and put it on for him.
"R-Roman no... l-l-" he continued coughed again, worse than last time."
"Nope you're not doing anything until we get you better." I walked behind the tree and saw a tiny brown kitten with cuts all over curled up behind it. I gasped and grabbed it gently, taking the hoodie from around my waist and wrapping him in it. I turned and saw Virgil hunched over slightly with his knees bent in.
"Virgil..." he turned around and looked at the kitten.
"I-I'm okay R-Ro..."
Virgil's P.O.V
Roman walked next to me and grabbed my arm, careful with the kitten. He put my arm around his shoulder and helped me walk, my legs sore from hitting the ground when I fell.
"R-Roman I'm f-"
"Virgil please stop talking your throats already sore I can tell, I don't want you feeling any more pain okay?" I could hear the concern in his voice, and I could tell he was holding back tears trying to look tough.
"Y-you can c-c-cry.." I said in a whisper like voice. I saw one tear roll down his cheek but he stayed quiet. We made it inside of my house and he forced me to sit down on the kitchen counter so he could look at the bruises and cuts. I looked into his eyes and saw that they were slightly bloodshot. He set the kitten down in his hoodie next to me.
"P-please, take c-care of h-him first..." Roman looked at me for a minute before hugging me tightly.
"I'm sorry I didn't get there sooner..." I hugged him back weakly.
"I-it's not y-" he pulled out of the hug but held my hands.
"Don't talk, let me apologize without you saying it's not my fault. Save your voice, I'll check on the kitten okay?" I nodded softly. I watched Roman as he carefully picked the kitten up and examined it for terrible cuts. He sighed in relief and set it back down, getting s towel and quickly getting it wet with warm water. He softly dabbed off the kitten to get rid of the blood on its fur. It mewed comfortably as he whipped softly to make it feel safe like a mother cat was licking it. I saw Roman smile without realizing it. He was so focused and calm, at the same time managing to be stressed and concerned. His tongue poked out slightly from the corner of his mouth. I smiled lovingly at him, giggling softly. He glanced up at me for a second before looking back down at the kitten.
"What are you laughing at?"
"Nothing, y-you're just so adorable when you're doing this..." he smiled brighter while blushing.
"Your voice already sounds a little better, that's good." I watched him for another minute or so.
"It's times like this I'm glad my parents basically don't live here anymore... their quote on quote work trips are really coming in handy now..." he seemed to get an idea.
"Y'know... maybe you should just come stay with me and my dad, he really likes you and would love to have you..." I could see the hope all over him. My heart did flips at his suggestion.
"I don't wa-" he cut me off before I could finish my sentence.
"You wouldn't be a bother don't worry, you don't have to if you don't want to but my offer still stands, after all we only live down the street and we'd be able to keep the kitten together." I smiled brightly.
"How'd you know what I was gonna say?"
"I know you to well Angel.." I blushed at the new name.
"Maybe we could go to your place and ask..? I'd love to stay with you..." I saw him perk up. He looked away from the kitten and over at me. He grabbed my hand gently.
"I'd love to have you stay with us, how about I just text him instead? It'll be easier for you" I nodded gratefully.
"That sounds way better." He smiled and leaned forward a tiny bit before realizing it and pulling away, grabbing his phone. He sent his dad a text and looked back at me and smiled.
"He should respond s-" his phone dinged Laing him grab it again. I saw him smile brighter than ever before.
"He said yes! You can move on right away! I'm so excited I get to spend every day with you!" I blushed at his comment.
"I can't wait, I'm probably more excited than you" I said joyfully. I had to refrain from saying what I really wanted to. Those three cursed words that have ruined his before. I focused again on Roman who I realized was starring at me.
"What..?" He came back down to earth quickly as I spoke.
"N-nothing!" We went back to tending to the kitten.
"Do you have small bandages so I can wrap it's back?"
"Yeah I'll get them"
"No virgi-" I jumped off the counter, bending over as I landed. I bossed at the feeling of my bruised chest moving at all. I felt Roman's hands gently lift me back up from under my legs and set me back on the counter. He didn't back up after he set me down.
"Just tell me where they are, okay? I don't want you to get more hurt." I unintentionally glanced down at his mouth, quickly looking back up at his eyes.
"There in the closet on the top shelf in the first aid kit..." he nodded, but stayed where he was. He quickly pecked me on the lips before hurrying to the closet. I froze and smiled softly, watching him come back with a bright red blush on his face. He gently started wrapping the tiny bandages around the kittens torso loose enough so it could still breath. I watched him lovingly, the same look on his face as before.
"You're really adorable when you're focused..." he blushed even darker, looking at me to say something. I cut him off with a sweet kiss, pulling him in front of me. He kissed back lovingly, leaning forward slightly. I pulled away suddenly, making him look at me with worry painted in his eyes.
"What's wrong? Did I do something and? I'm sorry oh g-"
"The kitten, take care of him before me." A sharp pain suddenly hit my chest as I coughed again, tasting blood afterwards.
"But hurry please...? I think it's bad.." he looked panicked and quickly checked the rest of the kitten, setting it farther back on the counter so it didn't fall off before coming back to me.
"Virgil you're gonna need to take your shirt off.." I blushed and shook my head no.
"Why? I need to make sure you're okay.."
"I-I... I don't like myself, you know that.." he looked at me with sympathy and kissed my forehead gently like it was something that he always did. Like it was routine.
"It's just me Angel, I won't judge you.." I took a deep breath, shaking slightly. I hesitantly lifted my shirt over my head and set it next to me. He smiled softly.
"See, I won't judge you, you don't look bad at all..."
"Y-yeah whatever..." he focused on the bruises on my ribs and stomach. He took his hands and slowly put them on my sides. I flinched backwards nearly hitting my head on the cupboard, making him pull away.
"Sorry, I just need to see if it hurts okay?" I nodded shyly.
"Just tell me before?" He nodded instantly.
"If it makes you more comfortable of course I will. I'm gonna touch your sides and stomach okay?" I nodded with a sigh of relief at the warning. He gently poked my ribs. When I didn't wince he moved down a little more. I tensed a little at the pain, but he continued. He poked lower down, right below my ribs making me yell.
"Fuck! That hurt a lot!" He looked around in the area.
"Yeah... then bruises are really bad right there... I don't think it's broken since you can move just find and bend, it's just going to be reallllyyy soar for a while." I sighed, putting my head on his shoulder.
"Screw people honestly."
"Yeah, you're right..." he hugged my softly and I hugged him back. I felt someone crawl into my lap so I pulled away. I looked down and saw the tiny brown kitten curling up in my lap. I smiled brightly.
"He's so cute!"
"Just like you Angel" he smiled at me as I felt my face heat up. I leaned back more and grabbed my shirt, sliding it on.
"Can you help me over to the couch?" He instantly helped me down and supported me.
"Of course I can!" He grabbed the kitten off my lap gently, holding it in one of his arms. He walked me over to the couch and sat me down with the kitten on my lap. He sat next to me and I curled up next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and put one hand on the kitten gently. We sat in content as we watched TV silently.
"H-hey Roman...?"
"Mhm?"
"I.. I lo...lo... I like you... I like you a lot..." I felt Roman laugh lightly.
"Aww, I like you a lot to, might even say I love you..." we went back to watching TV for a few minutes...
"I... l-love you too..." I looked up at him only to be met with a soft kiss.
"I'm glad..." we went back to watching TV quietly when suddenly a video game commercial came on. When Zelda came on the screen, he spoke quickly.
"Link!"
"What?"
"The kittens name! It should be named Link!"
"That's am amazing name! Well of course it is, you came up with it..." he kissed the top of my head.
"You're. To. Pure."