Ch 79: Brothers

Sasuke blinked. Looking up at Itachi confused as he touched his fingers to his stinging cheek. Had Itachi just slapped him?

"Get a hold of yourself. You look like you're about to have a heart attack. Calm down" Itachi explained.

Sasuke gulped. "But you know now...." Sasuke said looking away guiltily.

"Sasuke, I was dying anyways" Itachi stated calmly.

"What!?" Sasuke asked jumping back reeling away from Itachi his eyes widened in shock.

"I was using my Mangekyou far to much. I actually only had a couple weeks left. You did me a favor, Sasuke. I was suffering and you put me out of my misery" Itachi told him.

"I should have known that....I should have known that you would never...how could you just let me hate you!?" Sasuke questioned.

"There's a very thin line between love and hate Sasuke. I let you hate me for the same reason I let you love me. You're my little brother" Itachi told him pulling him in for a hug. Sasuke bit his lip to try and stop himself from crying.

"That's so fucked up" Sasuke said his voice trembling.

"Perhaps it is" Itachi agreed.

"You can...." Sasuke gulped pulling away. "You can hate me now" Sasuke told Itachi. In response the elder Uchiha poked Sasuke in the forehead.

"I will do no such thing Sasuke" Itachi denied.

"But-"

"I could never hate you. Even if you were to go home right now and massacre the entire clan, destroy the village, and start planning world domination. Even if you did any of that or all of it I couldn't hate you" Itachi told him.

"Been there done that ages ago. That's so clichè. Madara beat that destroying the world and the village thing to hell" Sasuke replied trying to hide how much his heart was breaking from the guilt he felt.

"I suppose he did, but my point still stands." Itachi told him.

"Of course it does...your better than me at everything"

"Sasuke don't talk like that" Itachi berated.

"It's true" Sasuke muttered shaking his head.

"I don't have a rinnegan, I don't have your speed, I didn't inherit mother's soft raven hair-"

"And they call me the gay one" Sasuke scowled.

"You've got a girlfriend-"

"What would you call Shisui then?" Sasuke questioned lips quirking.

"I wouldn't call him my girlfriend Sasuke" Itachi glowered.

"I guess that's for the best. Sakura doesn't like sharing" Sasuke replied.

"Hey where are you going?" Sasuke asked with a frown as Itachi started walking back towards town.

"I need to get some nail polish" Itachi told him.

"....."

"Sasuke, don't judge me"

"....."

"Quit looking at me like that"

"...."

"Oh real mature. I know you like birds but seriously? Out of all the hand gestures you know that's the one you pick?"

"Hn"

"Fuck you too then" Itachi replied.

"You're not going transgender are you?" Sasuke asked worriedly that he somehow messed with his brother's head the wrong way.