Ch 76: Teammate vs teammate

"Naruto let me go! I need to go fight now" Hinata told him gently removing his arms. Although she loved the embrace very much it was time for her to prove her worth as a hyuga. To prove her father wrong. To make him finally see that she was beyond worthy of an heiress and not allow such a burden to be placed on her little sister Hanabi.

"Go go go!" Naruto cheered excited that Hinata was going to fight. His girlfriend could be so sexy and badass when she wanted to be. Although he still adored when she was all soft spoken and doting.

"Let us see how much your training has progressed shall we?" Shino asked pushing up his glasses. The rinnegan beetles safely hidden away from everyone as he was ready to fight.

"Yours too" Hinata said activating her byakugan getting into her gentle fist stance.

Hiashi sighed and looked down shaking his head. Fugaku looked at him. He debated staying silent then looked down at his two sons. His eldest speaking with Shisui and waiting for the next match to begin but Sasuke was looking back up at him. He had noticed his watchful gaze immediately. His heart felt crushed as he caught sight of a pleading look his son sent up at him but desperately tried to hide. He wanted to be noticed. He wanted him to see him. Fugaku then looked down at the hyuga girl in the arena. She had the same look in her eyes that Sasuke had. She wanted to prove herself. Prove herself to hiashi as a worthy heir.

"What's with that look Hiashi? It's finally your daughters turn" Fugaku said speaking up.

Hiashi sighed his head still hung. "I wish I was aslucky as you Fugaku. You have an heir beyond worthy of your clans title." Hiashi said clearly implying that Hinata was unworthy.

"She may surprise you" Fugaku told him.

Hiashi looked at him confused. "She can't even beat neji" Hiashi pointed out.

"If my son has taught me anything these past few months is that their little group has power like we've never seen. They know what they are capable of and use it to their advantage. Don't make my mistake and underestimate your child hiashi." Fugaku told him.

"You have never seen her spar Fugaku. She's hopeless" Hiashi said shaking his head.

"I don't need to. You need to see her now hiashi. See the look in her eyes. She's determined. She'll surprise you" Fugaku said.

"Perhaps" Hiashi said eyeing his daughter down below per Fugaku's request.

"What's with the smile Sasuke?" Lily asked curiously.

"He's really changing" Sasuke said nodding up to his father who was speaking with hiashi.

"Good. Maybe we'll go easy on him if he keeps it up" Lily told him.

"Not a chance. He hasn't changed that much" Sasuke said his smile turning into a smirk. Despite being over ridden with a rage inducing bug the fight with his father had been quite enjoyable. Perhaps he would do it again soon.

"Teme shut up! I'm trying to watch Hinata!" Naruto snapped at him. He was pumped to see Hinata fight. He loved watching her fight. In non life threatening situations of course.

"Alright begin!" Jiraiya yelled swiping his hand down.

Hinata and Shino stood across from each other. Hinata was in her gentle fist stance as Shino was in his own comfortable fighting one. The only sound that could be heard was buzzing. Everyone had thought the sound was from Shino' bugs. However they were dead wrong.