Ch 8: bring back team 8

Sakura smiled fondly as naruto dramatically declared her to be forever nicknamed cotton candy. The name was extremely fitting. When they were out of sight from all adults she was going to beat the crap out of her boys for not only changing the plan without her but for making the hours of god awful time with a child version of ino be an absolute waste. It had been so annoying having to stutter every word and ring her hands and blush like crazy. It was physically hurting the kuinochi.

On the upside she has now officially met itachi. He had only given her a nod but he was an uchiha so she was happy with whatever gesture she could get. Also she knew from sasuke that a polite nod to civilian often meant hello in uchiha speak. Sakura had to admit now that itachi wasn't trying to kill her she could really see where the looks of sasuke's father fugaku had gone to. Not that sasuke was so feminine that he could be confused for a girl like haku or orochimaru. It was just the obvious facts that itachi had inherited more looks from his father than mother. Vice versa with sasuke.

Sakura couldn't help her beaming smile and neither could naruto. Both had never seen nor heard sasuke talk so much. He chattered mindlessly to his brother about so many random things. It was like sasuke was getting a new type of revenge on itachi. The good old annoyance migrane that comes along with team 7. Kakashi had dubbed the long title after he gave the three another bell test after sasuke's return. The battlefield/training ground had been destroyed and sasuke was getting especially talkative. He had commented on every little thing in the battle. It was commedy gold when sakura and naruto joined in. Kakashi had to take soldier pills just to stand naruto and sasuke's bickering. For some reason the two had started bickering like they were gennin again. Of course at the time this was only a prank that the boy's played on kakashi for forcing them to retake the chuunin exams. It took everything in naruto and sakura not to just laugh their asses off and have itachi think they're crazy as sasuke went on to talk about how frogs and slugs should just get over themsleves. They both knew sasuke was talking about them because sasuke added in a fire breathing dragon instead of a creepy pedo snake.

Kiba and akamaru ran down the street happily. Naruto threw the seal at kiba with slyness that itachi couldn't even detect and smiled as it hit him right on the wrist. Kiba on his part faltered mid step totally tripping hana over her brother. A wickedly evil thought came to sasuke as he pretended to wrestle with naruto and bump itachi causing him to curse at the unsuspected brawl. Hana fell face forward as itachi fell back. Their lips connected in a kiss as they landed roughly on the ground. Sasuke using the "kiss of doom" as he and naruto named it to activate his mangekyou in front of kiba and delve into his pysche. It took less than 10 seconds for him to figure out what he was doing. sasuke's eyes faded back to charcoal and a light sheen of almost unnoticeable sweat resting on his brow. That was tiring. Naruto got off him once his eyes changed and he gave a nod to naruto and sakura. Kiba stared at the trio with wide disbelieving eyes. He got up wordlessly and walked over to the three. Akamaru trailed worriedly behind him a bit confused to why his master was out of it right now.

"What hokage do you want to be?" Kiba asked naruto slowly. The young inuzuka had lost his childhood snark when speaking to naruto. After all in the future he finally became head tracker to most of his clans disbelief. Kiba had always been viewed as the naruto of the clan. A bit of a prankster and trouble maker in his own right. However secretly known only to hinata, shino, and kurenai the boy dreamed to be head of the tracking unit. It was an inuzuka's highest honor and being told to stop goofing off really got under his skin. "Seventh" he responded immediately.

"What happened?" Kiba exclaimed eyes wide this time gesturing to hana and itachi who were still frozen on the ground. Sasuke cocked his head to the side adopting a similar more uchiha like expression to kiba's. Both knew they weren't talking about their siblings but it was just comical. Naruto snickered and sakura blushed immensely and erupted into a series of fangirl giggles. Old habits die hard it would seem.