Ch 3: the plan

Sasuke finally found the dobe and he plopped down beside him, eyeing his wrist. "Ra will be here soon," Sasuke said in a small effort of comfort. Naruto nodded as he rubbed his seal softly with his uninjured hand.

"Thanks Kurama," he said so softly that Sasuke had to strain to hear. Sasuke's eyes narrowed. So Kurama was still on their side. That was good.

"Dobe, what happened?" Sasuke asked. He silently wondered who he had to Chidori behind the blonde's back.

"The villagers attacked me, or were going to, and I jumped out the window to escape and messed up my landing," Naruto said sheepishly.

Sasuke bit his lip and silently wondered how much longer Sakura would be. He knew his Hokage/best friend was in pain. An idea sparked in his little Uchiha brain. Sasuke did a few rapid silent hand signs. Sasuke's hand hovered over Naruto's wrist. He sent a shock of electricity right at Naruto's wound. Naruto gasped as he felt a shock of pain before it went away suddenly.

"Sasuke...How did you..?" Naruto trailed off amazed. Yes, his wrist was still very much broken, but the pain was gone now. It was just numb.

"I messed with your nerves a bit. Shocked them to the point of not being able to send impulses of pain to your brain. Relax, Sakura will fix that damage as well," Sasuke explained as he moved his hand back.

"Teme, I do not have brain damage!" Naruto all but growled.

"I don't know: your genin days were questionable," Sasuke replied.

Naruto smirked. "And yours weren't? Mister I-must-kill-a-certain-someone."

"Fair point," Sasuke conceded. A short silence followed afterwards.

"Naruto..."Sasuke voiced out.

"Yes Sasuke?" Naruto questioned.

"Why aren't we.... dead?" Sasuke asked, unable to refrain from asking.

Naruto bit his bottom lip. That was a good question. In fact, that thought had never crossed his mind. Why weren't they dead? He had no clue whatsoever to that question.

Naruto shrugged. "I don't know," he replied. Naruto scratched his head. Thinking hurt his brain.

"Why don't you ask Kura?" Sasuke suggested. Hopefully the fox would have some answers. Naruto bit his lip and shook his head no.

"Why the hell not?!" Sasuke asked irritated. The small Uchiha crossed his arms. His nose scrunched up and his lower lip jutted into a pout. Naruto resisted the urge to laugh. Who knew that the teme could be classified as cute.

"Stop laughing and tell me dobe," Sasuke growled. He knew exactly what Naruto was thinking and he wished the blonde wasn't Hokage so he could punch that ridiculous-

 Sasuke grinned as his fist connected with Naruto's face.

"Ow! Teme! What was that for?!"

"Uchihas. Are. Not. Cute. Dobe," Sasuke said, gazing around for any signs of Sakura. His attention was back on Naruto as he shot back. Naruto's fist collided with the palm of Sasuke's hand as he tried to punch him. Sasuke gave him a bored look. He poked Naruto in the forehead.

"You can't do that! I'm the Hokage!" Naruto exclaimed, rubbing the spot.

Sasuke rolled his eyes. "Not anymore dobe! Guess what? We're four, which means you're not Hokage," Sasuke said almost triumphantly. The triumph faded as Naruto's shoulders sagged, the reality of their situation hitting the usually hyper active blonde. He pulled his hand out of Sasuke's palm, almost shying away from the Uchiha.