Ch 38: it only goes downhill from here

Sasuke shook slightly. His chakra reacting to his fear. Sasuke sat ramrod straight as he scrutinized every detail of the dream.... Well a dream within a memory of a dream.... Oh you know what i mean! Sasuke literally flinched as the younger version of himself told himself to move. Orochimaru flashed in his mind. Damn pedo snake. Sakura clinged harder to his arm. Which was good. Pain distracted him but not enough. As much as Sasuke wanted to he couldn't look away. He couldn't avert his eyes. This was his chance. This was his chance to truly find out if Itachi had been trying to tell him any semblance of the truth. He had to watch his every move. Like the hawk he was. Wait no dragon he was. Dragons are cooler.

"Father! Mother!" Sasuke said runnig into the room. He freezed upon entering. There fugaku and mikoto lay dead. Their lifeless bodies on the ground.

Out of the shadows someone steps out. The camera goes slowly upward. He's an anbu that much is clear. The camera moves and moonlight begins to stream in through the window. The man is Itachi.

"What the fuck is up with this dream!?" Shisui screamed clutching his head. This was nuts. This was insane. Itachi would never do something like this. Why would Sasuke dream something like this!?

"Big brother! Itachi! Father and Mothe are both.... I don't understand! Who could do all this!?" Sasuke asked distraught as the small boy shook his head. Sasuke was cut off from his rambling as a shuriken was thrown at him. It cut into his shoulder ripping his shoulder before it stuck into the door behind him. Sasuke stared at his brother with wide disbelieving eyes. No one else was here in the room. No one else could have thrown that shuriken.

"Are you fucking kidding!? Sasuke Please don't tell me what i'm thinking seriously happened" Itachi said wide eyed. His mind was swirling. Yeah theoretically he could in fact kill the clan if he kept training like crazy an struck at the right time but.... What would make his little brother dream this!? This horrific scene.

"It gets worse" sasuke mumbled knees drawn up to his chest his shaking only increasing.

"Damnit" naruto muttered. Sasuke had to get the fuck out of there like yesterday! This was insane! Damn you controlling thingy.

"Wait a sec-what are you?" Sasuke questioned as he now gripped his hurt shoulder. His charcoal eyes staring at his sibling in confusion and pure terror. What was going on!?

"What have you done big brother?" Sasuke asked distraught. He couldn't believe it. His small mind couldn't take it.

"Foolish little brother i almost pity you."

"Damn itachi dream you is being a raging asshole . I didn't even know you could be that much of a cold hearted bastard" shisui said crossing his arms. The comment wasn't needed but there had to be someway to get to itachi. His best friend looked like he was losing it. Fast.

Itachi stared at the screen in silent horror. This wasn't happening. This couldn't happen. No way in hell. This -itachi's vehemenous thoughts momentarily froze. Itachi tensed as something clung to his arm. He looked down in confusion at his baby brother who was now clinging to his arm trembling. Itachi frowned. You would think he was the last person Sasuke would attempt to seek comfort from. Well at least this nightmare hadn't made Sasuke hate him. On the downside Itachi wanted nothing more than to reach through the time flower and strangle that other him. Or smash him with a susanoo. Chop of his head wait did that count as suicide or self harm. Whatever this dream him needed to be dead.

"Mangekyou sharingan" itachi said his sharingon swirling into his mangekyou as he looked directly into Sasuke's terrified eyes. The screen went red and kunai were thrown. Everyone watched as body after body dropped to the ground. Poor Sasuke was caught in the genjutsu. He gripped his head as he screamed. "Itachi stop it! Why are you showing me all this!?" Sasuke screamed at him. A black and white image of Itachi replaced the thrashing from of Sasuke. "Why did you do this brother?" Sasuke asked.

"Good fucking question" Itachi said narrowing his eyes at himself. Now he seriously wanted to kill him.

"Shikaku is it bad if i want to kill my first born right now?" Fugaku whispered lowly. The only clan head he really got along with at all was shikaku.

"No. In fact i think he himself is having similar thoughts." Shikaku said as he looked at itachi who was attempting burn a whole through the image with a death glare.

"Auntie! Uncle!" Sasuke screamed finally as he watched shisui's parents fall to the ground. Dead. Itachi released the genjutsu his eyes swirling back to their regular state. Sasuke collapsed to the floor drool seeping out of his mouth.

"Thanks Itachi seriously" shisui said with a scowl.

"nice line of drool teme"

"Loser shut up.... I should be brain dead or something" Sasuke replied gripping Itachi tighter.

"Or something" itachi muttered.

The camera zoomed in on Sasuke's eye as he stared at Itachi. The elders form blurry to the youngers eye.

"Why! itachi why! Why would you do something like this?" Sasuke questioned as his hands clawed at the wood floor beneath him.

"To test the limits of my ability." He answered.

"Bull shit" itachi muttered his glare intensifying at his dream self.

"He can't hear you itachi.... You know that right?" Shisui asked. This was it. Itachi had finally gone psycho.

To test your ability. That's why you did this. Your telling me that was why you butchered them?"

"It is of great importance" was the elders reply. His fist clenching slightly.

"What are you saying!?" Itachi questioned as he got to his knees before he ran at itachi full on war cry style. "Your out of your mind!" Sasuke screamed at him.

"I don't think he's the only one.... You don't just run at the guy who killed the entire konoha police force dead on!? He's gonna kill you!!" Naruto screamed at him

"No he's not" Sasuke hissed back.

"That's not the point!" Sakura hissed.

Itachi punched Sasuke in the stomach. Sasuke keeled over the wind knocked out of him from Itachi's blow. He fell face first to the floor. As Sasuke lifted his head finally he actually began to cry. The reality of the situation finally hitting him. He turned and ran for the door. 'I'm scared. I'm scared' he thought to to himself sprinting out the door and away from his brother running as fast as he could. "Please i don't want to die!" He yelled as he ran. He stopped eyes wide and tears cascading down his face. Itachi was already in front of him staring at him with a cold gaze. Sasuke panted slightly. "This is a lie. This isn't like you big brother" Sasuke said shaking his head.

"No shit teme" naruto said.

"Shut up To! I'm cornered and he's way stronger than me!" Sasuke hissed.

"So be faster damnit!" Naruto hissed back.

Sasuke gave him a bored look.

"Hold on is this dream where you got the idea to use your lightning chakra for speed!?" Kakashi asked wide eyed.

"Hn" sasuke responded.

"Well at least that explains why we're watching this.." Fugaku mumbled. This dream was greatly disturbing.

"It gets worse..." Sasuke sighed.

"How the fuck could it get any worse!?" Naruto groaned.

"Because it's a NIGHTMARE Naruto." Sasuke said stretching the term hoping the dobe would get the meaning.

Naruto's eyes went wide in understanding. This wasn't a memory. It was a nightmare of a memory. All of Sasuke's greatest fears rolled in the one,

"So they're-" naruto gulped.

"Any second" Sasuke sighed.

"Sasuke which ones?" Sakura asked fearfully.

"All of them" Sasuke answered.

"Oh fuck" kakashi groaned. Not good. Not good at all.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨ phew okay guys. Next chapter will be up sometime later today! Love you all don't forget to comment!