Ch 49: time flower madness

Sasuke walked down the street hands shoved in his pockets eyes downcast at his feet head tilted foreword so his bangs covered his eyes. He ignored whatever Naruto was yammering on about. Something about variations of time and space. Who knew the dobe could be such a nerd.

"Ke are you even listening to me?" Naruto asked turning to his usually yet unusually quiet best friend. This was a different quiet. This was Sasuke's confused my head is whirling quiet.

"Hn" Sasuke responded head flicking up momentarily.

"What did i just say?" Naruto asked not believing sasuke for a second. What was up with him?

"I don't know wasn't listening" Sasuke replied as something blue suddenly caught his eye. His eyes locked on the creature. For some odd reason that sasuke couldn't explain for the life of him his lips quirked into a smile. He also felt a sudden urge to fix his hair.

"What are you looking at?" Naruto asked noticing that once again he had lost Sasuke's attention. His childhood hormones really messed with his attention span.

"A butterfly? What's so special about a butterfly?" Naruto asked as he leaned over Sasuke's shoulder and traced his anbu captains line of vision with his finger.

"It's a blue butterfly" Sasuke responded immediately. Wait why was he staring at a blue butterfly like it was the greatest thing on earth?

"So?" Naruto asked frowning.

"So....i don't know....i think i just need to go clear my head for a bit.... I think I need to go unwind....Why don't you go make out with Hinata or  go get her some daisies or something" Sasuke said before dashing away from Naruto.

"What's wrong with him?" Gaara asked his non-existant eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"How-how'd he know Hinata's favorite flower?" Naruto asked eyebrow raised in confusion as he stared at the way Sasuke had gone.

"What do you mean?" Gaara asked.

"Sasuke couldn't.....i never told him that. Even if Hinata had told Sasuke he wouldn't really bother to remember it. He may like sculpting and singing but flowers are not his forte." Naruto frowned growing concerned for his friend.

Gaara gripped his head suddenly as did Naruto. Both Shukaku and Kurama were laughing hysterically. Both slipped into a relatively safe tree and fist bumped combining there tailed beast spaces.

"What's so funny?" Naruto asked.

This just made the two laugh harder.

"Kura come on! Sasuke's all distracted!" Naruto complained.

"He doesn't remember his own mate!" Shukaku roared crying because he was laughing so hard.

"Mate?... Gaara asked confused.

"You humans have to many labels for things....what Shukaku is attempting to mock the Uchiha for is the fact that he forgot his girlfriend" Kurama said his tone turned teasing before he laughed outright again.

"Eeeehhh! What the hell are you talking about!? Sasuke doesn't have a girlfriend!!" Naruto exclaimed bugeyed.

"You humans have such miniscule brains" Shukaku said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Gaara asked.

"It means none of you remember her. It's suprising that even Sasuke has no recollection of her. She was his light after all." Kurama said reminiscing.

"Idiotic humans.....why don't you round up your little legion and brigade and hunt down one of those time flowers. We'll show you what happened. However leave the Uchiha alone. He needs to remember on his own" Shukaku ordered.