Ch 22: the relay

"Well considering the fact that we had to rework the entire set of events i'd say it's looking decent" kurenai said with a smile surveying which kid was going up against which kid.

"Yeah but are you sure you want to put Sakura in your strength contest?" Danzo asked fake concerned.

"When did you get here?" Kakashi asked being careful to keep the total malice out of his voice. What he had done to the uchiha clan was unforgiveable. Kakashi would like nothing more than to put a chidori through that manipulative man's chest for what he did to the uchiha and tenzo but he refrained. After all that was Sasuke's right not his.

"I've been here this whole time young hatake. Aren't you all a little young to be training genin? Aren't your genin a bit to young as well?"

"I'm the same age Minato sensei was when he started training me and i was only two years older than them at the time." Kakashi shot back scowling internally. how dare he!

"Aah yes i suppose you are correct" danzo conceded.

"Danzo i don't think it's any of your concern what Kakashi does with the members of his team."Hiruzen said as he blew out a puff of smoke.

"Danzo a word of advice." Kakashi said.

"And what would that be?" He asked as he sat comfortably next to the hokage.

"Don't underestimate team 7. It would be harmful to yourself if you did so." Kakashi said as he turned away from danzo making sure the roster would play out just like he and his team wanted it to. There could be no miss steps in this plan. It was all or nothing. Sasuke was jittery during his performance Kakashi could tell. He had probably seen danzo from his high vantage point. That wasn't good. Sasuke had to be clear headed for this. Finally after all these years it was finally going to happen. Team 7 vs Team Gai. The ultimate rival challenge.

"We'll have three events. Contests for strength, intelligence, and speed.We'll start with strength! Neji, Sakura, Kiba, and Choji please step forward." Asuma announced before stepping back so Kurenai could take the floor.

"For your team to pass this challenge you must throw one of these 69 pound boulders as far as you can. If you are unable to make the boulder go past this line in a single throw then your team will be disqualified. The person's rock that goes the furthest will receive a point. Good luck." Kurenai said drawing a line in the dirt.

It was quiet for a moment as Sakura and the others observed the distance . A few moments passed and hesitantly Sakura raised a hand.

"What is it miss Haruno?" Hiruzen asked as he peered curiously at the small girl.

"Can we move the line further back please?" Sakura asked biting her bottom lip.

Danzo raised an eyebrow. Surely the girl had meant to say forward instead of back. He bet that she couldn't even lift that stone.

Hiruzen chuckled "if your competitors are in agreement i don't see why not" the third Hokage said. All the kids nodded furiously.

"Another 10 feet alright?" Kurenai asked prepared to draw a new line.

"Yes maam thank you" Sakura said bowing slightly.

Kurenai smiled at the act. Who knew Kakashi could teach his kids manners?

"Begin!" Kurenai said again. Kiba gritted his teeth as he stared at the stone. This thing was going down. Kiba smirked in Ino's direction and whipped off his shirt.

"Is that necessary?" Shino asked his teammate.

"Lookin good babe!" Ino called smiling her blue eyes sparkling and she started drooling slightly at the appearance of her boyfriends abs.