Ch 78: light of the leaf

When the smoke cleared everyone's mouth's dropped. Lily glowed gold from head to toe. Then that glow projected outwards further and further until a gold susanoo sized version of Lily's body stood in the arena.

"She's not messing around" Shikamaru muttered to himself.

Sasuke smirked as he leaned on the rail his eyes dancing with pride. This was about to get good.

An amber glow covered Raiyna's form but instead the dark chakra flicker around her like flames unable to fully form.

Naruto started laughing uncontrollably.

"What is it?" Itachi asked the blonde.

"Raiyna's trying to copy Lily!" Naruto laughed.

"Like that's going to work" Sakura agreed.

"Why not?" Shushing asked.

"Because my dear husband." Sakura said taking shisui's hand in a death grip.

"She's been training with us" Naruto said mischief in his blue eyes.

"Specifically Sasuke"

"Speaking of you were getting really close in those spars teme" Naruto said eyebrows wiggling.

"You want me to bring up what you and Hinata were doing the other day during your spar? Cause I have some images ingrained in my brain that I would like removed." Sasuke told him pointing to his temple

Lily brought her palm down squishing Raiyna's form into the ground until the amber glow around her popped like a bubble. The glow faded from Lily's form. And Jiraiya blinked peering into the craters depths. Yeah...she wasn't getting back up again.

"The winner of this match is Lillian Jinsè!" Jiraiya announced.

"Well That was anticlimactic" Kiba complained.

"It was more entertaining then your match" Ino told him.

"What? Cmon babe! My match was totally awesome!" Kiba insisted.

"I'm not kissing you until you wash your mouth" Ino replied crossing her arms.

"Are you okay Sasuke?" Lily questioned as she walked up to him.

"Hn?" Sasuke asked.

"Your doing this weird thing with your face. I mean your smiling" Lily teased.

Sasuke rolled his eyes and pulled her in for a congratulatory hug. Lily sighed resting her head against his chest.

"The first round of the chuunin exams has been completed! The finalists will have one month to hone their skills to compete against each other!" Jiraiya exclaimed.

"One month? Seems a bit rushed after all it's already August 13th" Shikamaru pointed out scratching at his head. This was going to be such a drag.

The smile vanished from Sasuke's face as he heard the date.

"Teme?" Naruto questioned noticing Sasuke's now haunted gaze as he looked at Itachi who was engaged with some conversation with their father.

"How could I forget...." Sasuke muttered.

"Forget what?" Lily asked.

"Today's the anniversary of when I killed him" Sasuke admitted holding Lily just the bit tighter.

"Well he's alive now" Lily pointed out. Leilani waved to Lily.

"I've got to go, but I'll see you later I promise" Lily said kissing Sasuke quickly before running off with Leilani.