Ch: 14 waiting for kakashi

It was the next day. The day of the bell test. Team 7 wore their new headbands with pride. Although there were great levels of discomfort.

Naruto kept fiddling with his in discomfort. It had been a while since he wore a headband instead of the hokage hat. He forgot about the period he had to go through to actually break in a new headband. The more he twisted it the comfier the fabric was going to feel on his forehead. At least he hoped it would. Maybe he would ask sasuke to do that creative headband shrinky thing.

Sasuke's finger kept ghosting over the symbol of the leaf. He was used to feeling a line scratched across it. Sasuke though he was happy he was officially a ninja again was a bit saddened. He sort of missed his old headband. The one Naruto had carried around for 3 years straight. The headband Naruto all but forced him to wear because the dobe wouldn't let him get a new one. The one that he was wearing the day he had left the village. However Sasuke also just wasn't used to wearing the leaf headband on his head. Back in the future he had shrunk two of his headbands down and worn them on his wrists. It was one of his little creative tweaks. Sakura wore her headband the same way she usually wore it. On her head nestled in her strawberry hair.

"Are we in agreement?" Naruto asked a twinkle in his blue eyes.

Sakura smiled a cat like grin. A glint of mischief was in her eyes.

"Oh yes lord hokage" Sakura giggled as she put on her brand new fingerless gloves that her parents had gotten her yesterday. They were black with small pink Uzumaki swirls on the knuckles. Sakura wore a dark pink long sleeve shirt with ripped sleeves. She wore black shorts and shoes that were easy to run and move around in.

"Ke?" Naruto asked as he put on his own fingerless black gloves with orange Uzumaki swirls on the knuckles courtesy of Sasuke. It had been the Uchiha's idea to wear gloves. He had said something about staining their hands with paint. It had been Sakura's idea to get them to match. Naruto just rolled with it. Naruto wore an orange hoodie with black shorts and orange ninja shoes.

"Let's give him hell" Sasuke smirked as he put on his own fingerless black gloves with midnight blue Uzumaki swirls on the knuckles. Sasuke wore a deep midnight blue short sleeve shirt, with black cardigan shorts and midnight blue ninja shoes.

They all sat and waited for Kakashi to arrive. While they were waiting naruto and Sasuke got bored as did Sakura. They had already set up the various traps and pranks for Kakashi about an hour before they were supposed to arrive. Of course Itachi had supervised but hey as long as he didn't interfer it was fine for the elder Uchiha sibling to watch over them. Sakura dubbed itachi' s code name as the 'Guardian Angel'. Sasuke laughed but nodded none the less. It was a perfect fit for his brother.

Naruto was starting to complain about not having a necklace anymore and that his neck felt all weird now. Sakura was chattering about missing her bracelet causing Sasuke's eye to twitch.

He couldn't take it anymore. Sasuke picked up a nearby stone and held it in his cupped hands. He superheated his chakra in his palms causing the stone to melt into a sort of liquid like state. He took a deep breath as he forced his chakra to rotate as if he was doing a raesengan. To a certain extent he was. He felt his chakra strike the liquid and round it out.

"To think you can cool this a bit?"Sasuke questioned as the red hot stone started to melt and lose it's shape a bit. Sasuke growled slightly at the stone's action and forced his chakra to keep rotating.

Naruto merely held out a hand and allowed his own cooling wind chakra to flow at the lava like stone. The stone held it's shape as Sasuke focused more intently on it totally tuning out his teammates. The stone morphed into a spherical shape glowing brightly and Sasuke dropped it to the ground. They let the rock sit steaming for a second before Sasuke smirked and picked the small trinket up and put it around his best friends neck after sliding it on a piece of extremely unusable ninja wire. Naruto gasped as he finally got a look at what his friend had made him.