Ch:43 The training of team 7

"You three need to get something straight right now. I am not turning you into the next sannin or whatever the fourth hokage was trying to turn me and my teammates into understand?" Kakashi questioned his genin.

"Why not!? The sannin are legends!" Sakura said her emerald eyes gleaming. Lady tsunade was as powerful if not more so than her reputation.

"I don't like the sannin" Sasuke said frowning.

"No offense" Sasuke said with a slight wince.

"How was that not offensive? Oh and you just hate orochimaru. Which is totally justified" naruto said.

"I don't know and Thanks" Sasuke muttered.

"Ke you only hate Orochimaru. Lady Tsunade and my godfather you don't hate" Naruto pointed out.

"Well i can't really hate them when i haven't met them" Sasuke countered.

"Eh guess your right" sakura said diffusing the boys conversation. If she hadn't they would get into an argument faster than you could say valley of the end.

"Your not as bad as Orochimaru" sasuke said giving a slight nod.

"That's not a very high bar kid" jiraiya frowned.

"Be happy he rated you at all! Thats a good start with him. It means he's considering not despising you behind your backs!" Naruto hissed gesturing for Jiriaya to be quiet.

"Why aren't you making us into the next sannin?" Naruto asked. The sannin were pretty badass afterall.

"Well for one i would like to attempt to avoid the curse of team 7 and keep the prodigy uchiha alive and loyal to the team."

"I'm not orochimaru and obito is still alive. Fuck you." Sasuke scowled. Did Kakashi really just compare him to that that pedo snake monster!

"That brings me to the second reason. Your not the sannin. Your not their carbon copies. For example Sasuke isn't a child molesting pedo snake who likes to creep on little boys."

"Gee thanks" sasuke scowled. He was going to kill him. He was one more reason away from killing his sensei.

"And the third reason?" Sasuke asked gazing at Kakashi. He had better choose his next words very very carefully.

"The third reason is i don't want you three to be caught in their shadows. I want you to follow your own paths. Be yourselves. Make your own unique marks on the world." Kakashi explained.

The look on Sasuke's face said it all. An image of Itachi flashing through his mind. Kakashi had saved himself. For now at least.

"We're listening" Naruto said gesturing for his sensei to continue.

"You all have different ways of doing things. I've noticed that. But i've also noticed you all adapt to each others fighting style. Which is why i'm going to do something crazy." Kakashi said.

"Crazier than team 7 usually is? Isn't that pushing it a bit to much?" sakura asked hesitantly.

"Just hear me out alright.... This is the tricky part so bear with me. Sakura you'll be the teams heavy hitter. Your the strongest." Kakashi said making the cotton candy girl beam.

"Naruto your on offense. You get to rush in and surprise people.... Stuff like that got it?"

"I think so...."that wasn't very descriptive at all.

"Sasuke you have the hardest job of all. You have to be everything in between" kakashi said. Sasuke froze charcoal eyes wide beyond belief.

"E-everything" he choked out once he remembered how to breathe. Was he serious?

"It'll be easy for you. With your sharingan you can adapt more quickly to situations than your teammates. Even without your sharingan your more observant. Your fast and you react quicker. Whatever your teammates lack in you have to make up for." Kakashi explained.

"You just contradicted yourself!" Sasuke groaned pulling at his hair. Why him? Why couldn't naruto do it? The dobe was hokage! He should have the hardest job!

"Alright let's get to work!" Kakashi commanded.

The time flower fast forwarded at a slower speed. A montage of team 7 training begins. Sasuke drawing skematics for yhe weights fashionable design while naruto calculates on the other side the seal and how it should work. Sakura focused on the color each weight should be. Then the image shifts and team 7 has their weights on and are trainin against team gai. Naruto and Sakura were doing okay. Sasuke was getting smacked around by lee. The guy was insanely fast and With the weights Sasuke's movements were way to sluggish to keep up with what his eyes could see. The sunset and team 7 continued to train. You could see them progessing. Each day Sasuke adding more and more weight to his anklets. Instead of this slowing him down like everyone predicted the uchiha was actually starting to get used to the restraint on his speed. It was beginning to feel natural. So natural that sasuke kept adding weight and naruto had to add antigravity to the seal so sasuke wouldn't sink into the ground.

"Okay i don't even think gai does that...." Obito frowned.

"Don't you think that's a bit extreme?" Itachi asked.

All the four years burst out laughing except for sasuke. He hid his head in his arms.

"Everything Sasuke does is extreme!" Naruto laughed.

"Total adrenaline junkie!" Sakura gasped out.

"Shut up" Sasuke mumbled.

"Hey wait whats the time flower doing?" Ino asked confused.

Everyone turned their attention to the time flower. What was it doing?

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨
Next chapter the time flower stuff ends! Two chapters and gaara arrives! (Finally) okay well don't forget to comment. Bye bye!