Ch 11: putting the hokage on the spot part 2

Everyone cleared off of the training ground with varied ounces of worry, excitement, curiosity and anger. Many of the kids wanted to help them demolish it but then they all supposed that was why everyone always looked to team 7 to lead. They always had the solid, creative, mind-blowing plans. It wasn't their insane strength that set them above the other teams. It was the fact that they didn't want to be held on a pedestal. Unlike the team 7's or any teams before them, they cast away any notion of any of the teams being seperate. They viewed the now named leaf legion as one unified unstoppable force with specific units to deal with certain tasks. This task was one that fell dead center in team 7 territory. Proving everybody wrong. That was what team 7 did. Even at the very beginning during the bell test the first time around. Everyone thought kakashi was going to fail them. Even kakashi thought there was no hope of them passing. And yet they had. Somehow someway even when everything was stacked against them 100% Team 7 always prevailed. Sasuke's return, them getting the three top positions in the leaf village, sakura's improvement in strentgh, madara's defeat the first time.... And now even this whole time travel ordeal. The best or debatably worst part was that Team 7 loved it. They love the shocked expressions, the uproar of a crowd, the thrill of the moment. Team 7 even though they constantly deny it are the only one's who are able to lead because they're the ones who always make sure everyone is okay.

Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto stood in a straight line. "Soo what combo should we do?" Naruto questioned turning to Sasuke Sakura copying his action.

"what are you looking at me for?" Sasuke snapped. He didn't mean to snap honestly he didn't. Itachi was watching him like a hawk with a very befuddled expression. After all itachi did watch him miss 9/10 shuriken the other day, but it wasn't Itachi who was getting Sasuke edgy.

It was his father Fugaku. Even after years and years of his father being dead his watchful gaze still stung like a bitch. Sasuke couldn't help but keep flashing back to that day. That horrid day of performing his first fireball jutsu in front of him. He stood on the dock staring out at the lake. He could feel his father's hand on his shoulder. He wished it had been encouraging but it was more demanding than anything else. So he tried. He tried with all his might. He tried to be exactly what his father wanted but it wasn't good enough. The flame had been a pitiful trickle. It probably wouldn't have even lit a candle. His father had been so saddened. So disappointed in him. But of course as he was thinking back on it sasuke was growing rather angry with his father.Sasuke was still beyond pissed at his dad for that day as well. It wasn't his fault his fireball jutsu had been so weak. His dominant chakra nature was lightning! Lightning! Of course a fire jutsu wouldn't be his strong suit. His father should have been glad he could produce that pitiful fire in the first place. Just because he was a little different. Just because he wasn't Itachi and that was the heart of the matter. He just wasn't itachi. He never had his brother's genjutsu skill. In fact just to have his father roll around in his grave sasuke abandoned any semblance of genjutsu all together. Screw it naruto certainly did fine without it so he didn't need it either. Anything their father had praised Itachi on sasuke abandoned. He wasn't Itachi. He would never be Itachi. So in that moment as his four year old eyes momentarily shot a glare at his dad he said in a calm voice

"Cherry blossom inferno" his eyes never left his father.

"Are you sure sasuke?" Naruto questioned. He himself wanted to stick it to sasuke's father. He was an ass and sasuke knew it. In fact all of the konoha twelve knew it. On sasuke's birthday they were able to get him piss poor drunk and spill some stuff about his childhood. Fugaku was worse than Madara in Naruto's eyes. How dare that stuck up uchiha try to change his best friend. Calling sasuke's dad an ass was putting it lightly so this was going to be fun.

"He's sure naruto" sakura commented putting on some gloves that she found the other day. She remembered the night in the bar as well. Suddenly for all of Team 7 this was no longer about winning a bet made with the hokage or showing their sensei what they were capable of. No this was about proving Fugaku Uchiha wrong and making him pay. This was going to be the revenge of the sweetest kind. After all it was his fault sasuke was so messed up in the head to begin with. The massacre wasn't the reason why sasuke was a hyper focusing avenge obsessed loner. Fugaku pushing sasuke the way he did was.

Sasuke more than anything in the world in that moment sasuke wanted to make his father eat his words. He wanted to make him feel guilty for what he said to him. For what he tried to mould him into.

"It's a shame no one wore the brown pants" naruto commented causing sasuke to crack a smile and stop his glare at his dad. Of course fugaku didn't know it was a glare. Sasuke was too good for that. Except itachi and kakashi they noticed.

Team 7 switched positions slightly naruto switching places with sasuke. Sakura was on the left naruto in the middle and sasuke now on the right.

Team 7 took a deep breath in perfect sync. For a few moments there was silence. The wind blew softly and not even a bird chirped. Then all hell broke loose. "Cha!!" Sakura yelled punching the ground, it cracked sickeningly giving way under the precise and brute force of the pressure of sakura's chakra and nearby trees shook and swayed.

Hiruzen paled. Had tsunade been teaching a 4 year old without his knowledge? Maybe he shouldn't have made this bet.

"Shit" fugaku cursed as the ground cracked right where he was standing. Mikoto gently tugged him away from the crack as the ground fell away forming a narrow crater.

Naruto was next flying through series after series of complicated handsigns. The wind that had been blowing gently suddenly raged responding to naruto's command as his chakra mixed into the very air around him and a tornado like vortex formed around the jinchuuriki. Naruto laughed as he spun effectively producing enough cover for him to discreetly drill a whole into the center of the ground with a raesengan as the winds from his tornado removed every single leaf off of the surrounding trees as well as obscured the watchers vision of him. Hey he wasn't the seventh hokage for nothing even if this was their teams weakest jutsu. It looked like a cross between a jutsu of temari's, the primary lotus, and fang over fang.

Naruto stopped spinning and grinned at the hokage. Naruto laughed outright as he saw the expression on itachi's face. He looked ready to faint. Kakashi it seemed was giving naruto the once over and naruto raised an eyebrow. Was kakashi actually expecting that of him? Well his father was the fourth hokage and his sensei's sensei so it could be possible for him to not be so mind shocked at his display in skill.

Hiruzen choked on his pipe. When had naruto invented a jutsu like this?! His world had officially cracked. All attention was solely on sasuke now. He seemed to be waiting for something. Naruto and sakura grinned and leapt into the air and landed firmly on a still rooted tree. It's trunk twisted so it bordered the safety zone.

Sasuke hands flew rapidly through signs for his fireball jutsu. Fugaku couldn't help his sigh. This was going to end badly. The elder uchiha couldn't help his frown. As strong as his friends were there was no doubt in fugaku's mind that his son was the weakest of the three. He was about to humiliate himself and whatever shambles of dignity their clan still held. Sasuke was about to fail oh so miserably. Fugaku held his breath. He wanted to avert his eyes but his pride didn't allow it. His wife didn't allow it. Mikoto was excited now. She wasn't shocked like the other adults. No she was thrilled. It warmed her heart to know that the village had such strong children and her second son. Her sasuke was one of those kids. Mikoto now knew why sasuke had been so clingy and nervous. It had not just been because of naruto and sakura. It had been because of this. This creative scheme that the children had concocted. Mikoto wanted to slap fugaku but doing that here would be inappropriate. She would do it after the boys went to bed. Mikoto was going to have a talk with fugaku alright. It was high time he stopped doubting sasuke. Especially because he was the only one who was. The only one that mattered if he was. Mikoto remembered sasuke's crushed expression when he came home that day. She remembered all his questions and mutterings of "gotta be better" or "no wait Itachi wouldn't do it like that". It hurt her deeply and she hoped that in this moment. Even though she truly loved her husband. She hoped that sasuke would prove fugaku wrong and make him eat his words.

The world seemed to stand still as sasuke did the last sign. Fugaku's eyebrows knit together in first shock then confusion. Just what was sasuke doing?

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Okay guys i'm ending it here because i want to be able to update again later today. Oh and can everybody tell i hate fugaku. This is going to have four parts just so you all know. Okay so umm comment and tell me what you think of the jutsu so far. Oh and guys just one more thing. I have a serious question for you all.... Should i give sasuke a love interest? Not sakura. I don't know my minds all over the place. But umm anyways tell me if i should or not! Ooh and do you guys want gaara and temari to enter the fic? Screw kankuro he's staying home in suna with his puppets. I'm sorry i just hate kankuro.