Chapter Thirty-Nine-

Start from the beginning

      “Because I wanted to talk to you guys,” a voice said from the distance. As footsteps dipped in swag neared, I knew exactly who it was, and why we were called.

      “I’m leaving!” Kim stated seriously, as she too understood what we were about to endure.

      “No! You can’t! I need to talk to everyone,” Logan said as he inched closer to us.

      In the past month, little had been said to or about Logan. No one out of the six (myself included) gathered had had much to do or say to him. He had apologized to each and every one of us as I advised, but no one was willing to forgive him. What he did- what we did was inexcusable. He used a girl. I unwittingly helped in the overarching scheme of things. I still regret kissing him. He shouldn’t have done it, and I shouldn’t have let him.

      “Fine. Talk,” Mia said sharply.

      “Okay, I’ll start with you, Mia,” he said, facing her. He inhaled, and exhaled words that were easily predictable for the situation, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry I used you. I’m sorry I led you on. I’m sorry for being a douche. I suck. What I did was wrong. You don’t need to forgive me or understand my actions; all I ask for is a chance? Mia Bently, please give me a chance.”

      “We’ll see,” she muttered, not fully sold by his apology. To be fair, I too had heard better as well.

      “Owen,” Logan said, turning to the only one out of us who actually had an assured bright future, “I suck at being a friend. Sorry for bring all this unneeded crap into your life. You don’t deserve it. You never deserved a friend like me. I’m sorry.”

      “Personally, I was the least touched by all this, so I believe I’ll wait to see how the majority rules until casting my own opinion on the matter,” Owen said, confusing me like he so often did by the jumble of smartness that came out of his mouth.

      “Izzy, I hurt you. I was a dick, and hurt two- no, three of your close friends. The solidarity that you have with each of your friends is something I truly admire, and will most likely be the reasoning behind denying me the opportunity to prove that I am truly sorry.” Solidarity. Nice one, Logan. Big word, makes you sound sincere and smart, and shows you put thought into planning the apology; I’d believe you.

      “Like Owen and Mia, I think I’ll wait,” she said, unfeigned by his words.

      He nodded, and moved onto the next person on his hit list. “Trent,” he said. I couldn’t wait to hear this one! “You helped me in a time when I really needed someone. I needed a friend. You were more than that to me; you were a brother. You taught me so much about life and how to live it. I look up to you, and, frankly, I miss you bro. I miss talking to you, and those times when we don’t say anything yet know exactly what each other’s thinking-”

      “If you miss me so much, then why the fuck did you do what you freaking did?” Trent interjected strongly.

      “Because I’m a fucking idiot. Which brings me right around to you, Jules,” he said, his eyes connecting with mine. I wondered what he could possibly say that I hadn’t heard before. “I kissed you.” No shit. “I knew Trent had a thing for you, and I still kissed you. I’m the only one who can be blamed for that, and I’m sorry. You’ve heard it before, and I’m sure this whole apology session is pretty boring for you right now, but I want you to know how sorry I truly am.”

“I get that you’re sorry, but I’m not the one needs the apology,” I said, rolling my eyes. I was beginning to think the crazy lady and video on whales would’ve been more interesting…