Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

      “Trenty!” I shrieked, wrapping my arms around the tall boy before me.

      “Julesy!” he said back, in a mockingly high tone.

      “Sorry that I haven’t talked to you in, like, a week!” I apologized, releasing him. People were now staring at us, not that I realled cared. They could think whatever the heck they wanted. “But you know that I love you, right?”

      “Yeah, yeah. Still have that boyfriend of yours?” he questioned, pushing on my shoulder playfully.

      “Yeah, why?”

      “Because, normally, by this point we’d—haha! Weed. Get it? I’m so funny! Ha!” he decided to temporarily veer off into his own world. Trent had a tendency to get easily distracted. “What was I saying? Oh right, we’d be making out.”

      “No, bro, the old me would be making out with you, this one, will do no such thing,” I told him firmly.

      “You’re a pretty convincing actress, Jules. Be careful, though, I think people are actually starting to believe your good girl shit!” he whispered scandalously, as if it was a bad thing.

      “Oh, no! Whatever will I do? People thinking that I’m a normal girl who doesn’t give a shit what they think, and isn’t a total a slut? Such problem!” I said with a heavy dose of sacasm.

      “Well, when you put it like that…” Trent trailed off. “So, you said that you had something you wanted to show me, lemme see!” Majority of the time, Trent reminded me of a four year old on a Pixy Stix high. But, then again, that was one of the reasons why I loved him. He was Trent.

      “Do you have your guitar with you?” I asked eagerly.

      “Yeah, it’s in my locker,” he blinked.

      “Do you maybe want to go get it?” I suggested.

      “Why?”

      “Because T.J., it involves what I want to show you,” I rolled my eyes as his density.

      “Oh. I actually have class in five minutes, but after school you’ll show me. See ya, Julesy!” he bid, getting up, and leaving me in the solitude of my own thoughts, with a whirl of hormonal teens as drained out background music. Even with all the noise and constant movement, I somehow felt calm. My foot was rapidly tapping, and I felt someone lightly touch me.

      “Hey,” the individual said evenly. His exterior looked just as calm as me, but, in his eyes, I saw panic. It is such a weird concept: the boy who appeared tranquil on the outside was, in reality, the same boy who felt overwhelmed by everything going on around him. He really needed to learn how to drown it all out.

      “Hi, Logan,” I said quietly.

      “Why are you all alone?” he inquired.

      “Trent was here, but he left,” I nodded slowly.

      “Oh,” he sounded disappointed, “how do you stand this?”

      “What?”

      “The noise, the activity—all the people. How doesn’t it bother you?” he shook his head.

      “I don’t know. I guess… I kind of like it,” I determined.

      “Why?”

      “It calms me down—knowing that I’m around people, and yet still my own person,” I reasoned thoughtfully, for it was true. In my own, odd, twisted way, chaos calmed me.