"Speaking of the devil." Emily announces. Her head is turned to her left and we all look.

Toby walks out of a truck, and looks up. He looks up straight into my eyes. The blue eyes met the brown ones.

Ironically, I'm saved by the bell, and the brown eyes disconnects itself from the blue eyes.

I don't say anything to the girls as I make my way to homeroom and sit in my desk.

"Hi there, Spencer." Andrew squeaks behind me.

I see Toby enter through the door slowly so I rush to say the first thing out of my mouth for him to hear.

"You're cute when you're shy." I say, only loud enough for Andrew and Toby to hear.

I turn my head and there Toby stands, face slightly red but it also holds an angry expression. I'm somewhat happy that I've made him mad. I love it actually.

I turn back to Andrew and say, "Let's hang out after school. I want to...get to know you better."

I say the last part as a loud whisper to Andrew's ear. His eyes widen when I pull back and Toby has the same face. Toby is mad and jealous and shocked, I guess, at my remark.

Just as he turns around and is about to exit the class, Ms. Brent exits her office.

"Mr. Cavanaugh, glad to have you back. Please take a seat."

He sighs frustratedly and throws himself into his seat.

Well done, Spencer.

"There are no particular announcements except that you all have exams coming up before Thanksgiving break. Toby and Spencer, remember its due next Thursday."

I nod at her and I just sit there for the rest of homeroom, studying for my first period class. I definitely need to catch up on this AP stuff.

"When were you going to tell me it was due Thursday?" Toby says when he comes up to me.

"Well I was going to tell you the day it had been arranged but, when I came home, you were gone." I respond.

I knew what I said was completely wrong and unfair, since his mother was sick. But I was irritated at the moment.

I notice his eyes darken the way it had last night, and my breath hitches. I can't breathe.

The bell rings and Toby yanks the door open, making it fly back against the wall.

People looked at me strange, and confused, but I just shrugged my shoulders and headed out the door.

~^~^~^~^~^~^

Classes went by smoothly and I was just on a roll. I answered every single question correct and I finished all of my work early.

It's been a great day, up until I was walking to lunch. A hand pulled me away but I punched it before it could completely get me.

The person groans and I look at them. It was just Toby. Apparently, I punched him straight in the jaw.

"Jesus Toby, what the hell? You can't just sneak up on me, remember?" I tell him, not forgetting about last time.

"Sorry, but we need to talk." His voice was raspy and urgent.

"I need to go to lunch. Bye Toby." I refuse.

He grabs my arm as I walk away, and looks into my eyes. More like into my soul.

"Please Spence..r." He corrects himself.

I actually notice how red his eyes are, and I can still smell the alcohol on his clothes.

I close my eyes and shake my head. "Fine. But make it quick."

"I came back drunk for a reason. Well, two reasons actually. And I didn't mean to throw the bottle at you. I was drunk. I didn't know what I was thinking. But you see, my mom... She just-"

"Spencer! Come quick, our meeting is about to start and we need the president." Mona yells through the halls, her heels clicking annoyingly as she walks toward me.

She stops, looks at the scene in front of her, and rolls her eyes. "You guys can do this later. We have something very important to discuss."

Before I can say anything, she pulls me away from Toby and I catch a glimpse of his face before it disappears; sadness and urgency. Never a good mix.

I almost want to yell at Mona from pulling me away from Toby, but maybe she was doing me a favor.

The feeling of uncertainty doesn't leave my body for the rest of the day. I couldn't even concentrate for the rest of the school day so I didn't even realize the bell rang until a classmate nudged my elbow.

I get into my car and drive home immediately. I hope that whatever Toby had to say, it would be worth my time.

I hope I don't regret this. A part of me already does.

[[A.N. What do you think will come of this new Spencer? I think she'll be bitchy ;)

Also, any names for Spencer's car? I'm excited to see your comments.

Well, there's nothing I have to say soooo KEEP CALM AND SHIP SPOBY, SPOBIANS! Xo ]]