Shadow Puppets // Hakyeon × Hongbin

The imagine regarding the Wizarding world is taking quite some time to complete so I decided to copy a story I had already published and paste it here, so that you guys have something to read. Enjoy!

~

Rubbing his eyes, Hakyeon let out a small yawn. Glancing over at his clock, he saw that it was 8am. Hakyeon let out a sigh before forcing himself out of bed. Dragging his feet towards the bathroom, he started with his daily routine.

Wash up

Shave

Style his hair

Dress up

Head out

As he slipped on his shoes, Hakyeon felt his phone vibrate. Slipping the phone out of his back pocket, Hakyeon saw that it was a call from his friend, Taekwoon. He slid his finger across the screen and picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"Hakyeon ah, I just saw someone you might want to meet."

"Who?"

Hakyeon was slightly curious but he was more interested in tying his shoe laces properly.

"Hongbin."

Hakyeon felt his heart stop as the name left Taekwoon's voice. His breathing grew ragged and a lump formed in his throat. His fingers stopped moving and went to grab the phone instead.

"W-What?"

"Lee Hongbin. Your best friend slash boyfriend?"

Hakyeon licked his lips as he opened the door to leave.

"He's gone, Taekwoon. He's been gone for 15 years. Don't play around like that."

Taekwoon let out an audible sigh.

"Fine. It's up to you whether to believe me or not.  I'll see you next time. Bye."

"Bye."

Hakyeon hung up before swallowing the lump in his throat.

"It's impossible. He hasn't come back in 15 years, he won't be back now."

~

As Hakyeon laid back in his bed, he noticed how the moonlight illuminated his room. Turning to lay on his side, he could see his curtains flutter as the wind blew past them. He knew that he wouldn't sleep any time soon so he decided to head out to the balcony for some fresh air. Under the soft moonlight, Hakyeon let out a wistfull sigh. Glancing up at the moon, Hakyeon was filled with a sense of nostalgia. He leaned against the edge of the balcony and lifted up his hand. Bending his fingers, he made the shape of a rabbit and started to smile. It cast a nice shadow on the wall.

Soon, the image of two very young boys start to form in his vision. They were blurry but soon become very clear.

~

"Hakyeon! Look!"

Hakyeon turned to see his friend, Hongbin running towards him excitedly. In his small hands was a white bunny. Hakyeon's eyes widened as he covered his opened mouth with a gasp.

"Bunny!"

Hakyeon looked down at the rabbit before looking up at Hongbin. Hongbin's familiar dimples appears as he grins happily at Hakyeon. Hakyeon smiles as Hongbin passes him the rabbit. Holding the soft rabbit in his hands, Hakyeon felt a warm feeling spread through his chest.