Valentines // Ravi

It was Valentine's Day and as per usual, you were single. Nobody really liked you. Not because you were a nerd or mean. It's simply because you didn't stand out. You blended into the background perfectly and you were the apitomy of 'Plain Jane'. You will probably always be lonely and alone, every year.

Walking into class, you noticed most of the popular girls' tables were piled with Valentine's Day gifts, flowers, chocolates, letters, so on and so forth. Looking over at your table, it was empty. You didn't particularly care but sometimes you wished that maybe someone would give you something. You walked over to your seat and sat down. Placing your books on the table, you take out a piece of paper and start doodling.

"Oh dear. You don't have any gifts? How pathetic."

You look up to see the school's most popular girl, Jihyo. She smirked as she showed off her gifts.

"Maybe you should wear some make-up to cover that horrendous, maybe then you would get some gifts."

You sighed as you looked back down at your paper.

"Those kinds of gifts don't matter to me."

Jihyo grinned as she placed a flower on your desk.

"Since you don't have any gifts, let me give you a gift then. I simply have too many. Oh, and here comes another gift."

Looking up, you see the heart throb of the school, Wonshik, walk into the class with a bouquet of flowers and chocolates in his arms. You pursed your lips as you looked back down at your paper. You didn't need nor want to see him give the gifts to Jihyo.

"Happy Valentine's Day, _____."

A chorus of gasps were heard as your name was said aloud. Blinking, you looked up at Wonshik. Pointing to yourself, you tried to correct his mistake.

"Me.....? Ayyy, you've got the wrong person."

Wonshik shook his head as he placed the flowers and chocolates on your table. You glanced over at the flowers before looking back to him.

"I don't see why you would like me."

He smiled as he leaned in.

"I liked you since that rainy day."

You narrowed your eyes as you tried to recall what he was talking about.

"Rainy day?"

He raised his eyebrows as he pulled his face back.

"You don't remember?"

You shook your head.

"Maybe this will help you remember."

Out of his back pocket, he pulled out a familiar umbrella. Your eyes widened as the day played back in your mind.

~

It was a rainy day but you decided to go out for a walk. Rainy days made you feel sad. At the same time it was the perfect time to simply just walk around town, since it's always quiet and peaceful on rainy days. You put on a hoodie and sweatpants before grabbing an umbrella. Sniffling, you decided to grab a black face mask in case you sneeze in anybody's face. Walking down the street, you see a person, sitting on the bench absolutely drenched by the rain.

As you walked closer to the person, you noticed that it was Wonshik. His head was held low with his hands covering his face. You walked over to him and sat down on the bench, next to him. You carefully held the umbrella up so that it could shield both Wonshik and yourself from the rain. Surprised at the lack of rain, Wonshik looked up. He turned to you and you noticed that his eyes were red and he was sniffling. He was crying? You bit your lips as you asked him what was wrong.

"Why are you crying?"

"My girlfriend cheated on me. With my best friend."

Surprised, you pulled back slightly. You didn't expect him to talk to you nor to give that kind of reply.

"Uhh, well. I don't see why you should be sitting out here crying in the rain though. You should pick yourself up. You're an attractive guy, I'm sure you'll find a new girlfriend soon."

He looks at you before looking down at the ground.

"You find me attractive?"

You scoff as you gave him a smile. Granted, he can't see your smile under your mask but that's besides the point.

"Yeah! I'm sure a lot of people find you attractive."

He laughed as he looked back at you.

"Thanks, I really needed that."

You grinned as you stood up. Extending your hand, you passed him the umbrella.

"Eh?"

"Get home safe. You're already drenched. I don't think you should get any more rain on you."

His eyes widened as he looked up at you.

"What about you?"

You shrugged as you pulled your hood over your head.

"I'll manage."

You waved him good-bye as you ran back home.

~

Wonshik extends the umbrella towards you and you gingerly accepted it. Your head was bowed as your face flushed with embarrassment.

"Thank you......"

You murmur as you glance up at Wonshik. Wonshik shakes his head as he gives you a smile.

"No, thank you for that day. Your words really helped me a lot."

Bending down once again, Wonshik placed a small peck on your cheek. Surprised, you push yourself back slightly. Wonshik laughs as he pets you on the head.

"I hope to see a gift on White Day."

You smile as you nod.

"You can bet on it, handsome guy."

The two of you grin, leaving Jihyo huffing. Wonshik waves you good-bye as he leaves the class. You pull the flowers close to your heart and smile.

Maybe you won't be so lonely this year, afterall.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey, hey, hey! I know it's been a long time since I've updated but finally I completed one of the imagines that has been laying in my drafts for a really long time. There are two imagines that are almost ready but I won't be able to publish them until my exams end, which is about in 2 weeks time. I feel really bad for my unusual updating pattern but I really need to concentrate on my studies now instead of this book. Sorry for those who were looking forward to the Wizarding imagine but it will come out soon! I promise.

On a seperate note, thank you guys so much for 80k reads, that is amazing!!