Carbon Copies // Hongbin

A sickening thud was heard as the body fell. Your neck turns at an awfully slow pace as your face contourts to one of fear. You took a peek at the body and the bile rised to your throat.

-No........no......it can't be.

Your body was shaking in fear and you couldn't think straight. Your hands covered your face as you knelt in front of him. His body was a bloody mess. Intestines spilling out, skull cracked opened, eyes completely shut. Yet on his face was a smile. He's still smiling...........

You continuously shook your head trying to deny the fact that your brother was dead.

-Jaehwan ah, wake up.

You begged as you reached out to him. Your fingertips touch his arm and you immediately pull it back. He was icy cold. The tears rolled down your cheeks as you grab onto his arm. You couldn't hear anything except your brother screaming before it was muted by the cracking of bones against the concrete floor.

...

- Jaehwan ah, are you okay? You seem a bit dazed.

Your voice trails off as you glance at your brother. His usual bright eyes were gone and replaced by dull ones. His usual sunshine smile was gone and you could barely recognise him. It was as though you had lost your brother. You could feel your brows furrow as you hold your brother's arm.

-Does it have to do with the school that mother put you in?

At the sound of school, Jaehwan seemed to snap out of his daze to look down at you.

-School?

You nod your head. Suddenly a big smile appears on his face as he lightly ruffled your hair.

-It's nothing. Don't worry about it.

But something told you it wasn't okay. His smile isn't the same. You wanted your brother back.

You pursed your lips as you watched your brother walk in front of you. Your heart ached that your precious brother had changed so much. Something in your gut told you that it had something to do with the school. 

-Are you coming?

Blinking, you realised that you had been frozen to the ground. Your brother's emotionless eyes seemed to stare into your soul and you shifted under his gaze. You plaster a big, fake smile on your face as you skipped your way over to Jaehwan.

-Let's go.

Jaehwan grinned as you held onto his arm. Your smile soon disappeared once your brother had shifted his gaze to the pavement. You glance up at your brother before you let out a small sigh.

The two of you eventually arrived at the café in silence.

-Go take a seat,  I'll get us the drinks.

You nod at your brother's words and went ahead. Unconsciously, you began to fiddle with your fingers and shake your leg.

Soon, Jaehwan placed the drinks and cake gently down on the table.

-Eat up.

You purse your lips at your brother's gentle tone before nodding. Bringing a piece of cake to your lips, you occasionally glanced up at Jaehwan. His eyes stared blankly at his cup of coffee before he took a small sip. All of a sudden, the door rang as a lady walked in.

You ignored the lady, as you took a sip of your coffee. You glanced up at your brother once more, but you realised that he was staring at the lady. A small frown formed on your face as you looked over at the lady. She was tall, slim with long,straight black hair. Typical, but pretty.

- Jaehwan-ah.

Jaehwan immediately tore his eyes away from the lady and looked over at you.

- Um, I need to use the washroom.

Your eyebrows rose in surprise but you simply nodded. Your eyes followed Jaehwan's back as he walked over to washroom. You pout your lips as you slowly stirred your coffee.

A couple of minutes pass, and Jaehwan hasn't returned yet. You start worrying as your eyes constantly glanced over at the washroom. As you looked back to the washroom, you noticed the same lady, standing there. She gave you a big smile and you frowned. Shaking your head, you decide to think nothing of it.

Almost 20 minutes pass, and you start to get worried. Standing up, you walked over to the washroom and began knocking on the door.

-Jaehwan, are you okay in there?

There was no response. Your hand immediately grabbed the door handle and pushed it open. It was empty.

You began to panic as you run out of the café. Your eyes was scanning every inch of the road.

-Please.......

Loud noises suddenly registered in your brain and you sprinted to the source. As you neared the sound, you noticed a bunch of people were crowding in front of a building.

-JESSICA!

Your eyes widen as you snap your head up. Jaehwan was standing on the edge of the rooftop with his arms spread out.

-I LOVE YOU!

-JAEHWAN!

He completely disregarded you as he took a step forward. You couldn't watch as you turn your head away. You screamed.

Eventually, the sickening thud of the body against the concrete floor, caused your screams to be muffled.
...

You couldn't hear the screams, you couldn't hear the sirens, you couldn't even hear yourself bawling. Your eyes were shut, refusing to look at your now, dead brother.

You willed yourself to take a last look at your brother but two pair of strong arms pulled you away. Your eyes peeled open and the brown eyes that reminded your brother of hot cocoa, no longer resided within you. Instead it was replaced with a pair of cold, golden eyes. A pair of eyes that were out for revenge. A pair of eyes that were thirsty for blood. A pair of eyes that was no longer capable of love.

And it was all their fault.

-I'll get revenge. And I won't stop till I kill them all.

...

A pretty grim start to this story if I do say so myself. The backstory for Hongbin will probably come out tomorrow and the following chapters will take some time to come out but they'll eventually be published!