Cheater // Raken

The two of them were sitting in a nice restaurant, enjoying their dinner when they were rudely interuppted.

"Hey Wonshik~"

The shrill voice hurt Jaehwan's ears and he looked up to see one of Wonshik's friend, Emerald. Wonshik stood up and gave her a hug. A really tight one. Jaehwan's eyes narrowed at this action as his hands clenched into a fist. He told himself to not be suspicious but he couldn't help it. The two of them began conversing, making him feel as though he was the third-wheeler.

After what seemed like an eternity, the two bid goodbye and Wonshik sat back down. He glanced at Jaehwan and noticed his expression was slightly gloomy.

"Is something wrong?"

He asked but Jaehwan immediately shook his head. Giving Wonshik a big smile, he continued with the meal.

...

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow?"

Jaehwan nodded as the two of them embraced.

"Bye Wonshik."

And with that, Jaehwan walked back home. Leaving Wonshik to wonder where the usual 'goodbye kiss' was.

...

Waiting in the quiet studio, Wonshik was wondering when Jaehwan would arrive. Suddenly Wonshik heard the creaking of the door and he lifted his head. He looked up expecting to see the familiar smiling face but he was met with the complete opposite. Jaehwan had absolutely no emotions on his face and his footsteps were heavy.

"Jae-"

"I want to break up."

Wonshik's eyes grew wide as he stepped towards Jaehwan.

"Wh-why?"

Jaehwan's jaw clenched in anger as he glared at Wonshik.

"Do you seriously not know?"

Wonshik was clueless and lost.

"I'll tell you why."

"Because you've been flirting with other girls."

"Because you've been leading me on."

"Because you've been lying to me."

"Because you've been cheating on me with that girl, Emerald!"

Jaehwan's voice echoed through the studio before silence returned. Wonshik didn't say anything. He couldn't. He couldn't say anything because it was all true. His eyes naturally travelled down to the ground as the guilt filled his entire being.

"I knew it. That meeting yesterday at the restaurant had something suspicious about it. Turns out you were meeting her afterwards. Amazing."

Jaehwan stated sarcastically. Wonshik shook his head as he tried to explain himself.

"I-I...."

"Save it. I'm tired of faking that I'm happy."

Wonshik's eyes snapped up. Jaehwan's eyes were dull and dark. His eyebrows were furrowed together. His lips were pressed into a thin line and he was breathing heavily. Wonshik stepped towards Jaehwan, wanting to give him a hug. But Jaehwan smacked him away in fury as he stepped back.

"Don't touch me, you cheating bastard."

Jaehwan spit out as he glared in Wonshik's direction. Wonshik didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to say.

"Wha-what will become of us?"

Wonshik meekly asked and Jaehwan let out a loud sigh. He began running his hands through his hair before his arm fell to his side.

"I don't know, Wonshik. I-I can't keep this up anymore. It's tiring and frustrating."

Wonshik stepped towards Jaehwan again and grabbed his hand.

"But, I want us to work out."

"I don't."

At that phrase, Wonshik's grip on Jaehwan immediately tightened and his eyes began shifting back and forth.

"Jaehwan, please."

Jaehwan bit his lips as he pulled his hand back.

"I'm tired, okay?"

He began moving backwards as he refused to look at Wonshik.

"Let's just take a break."

Wonshik had nothing else to say. He knew that anything he said now would have no effect. He looked up and began scanning Jaehwan. His eye bags had grown, his dark eye circles were darker, his eyes held no joy and he looked both mentally and physically exhausted. Maybe......a break would be best for the both of them.

"Okay.......... If that is what will make you happy."

Jaehwan turns around and nods.

"I'll see you when I see you."

Wonshik nods as he watched his 'boyfriend' walk out the door. His jaw and fist clenched, his legs threatening to give out and a heart that was broken.

"Bye."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Another short angst imagine~ After reading your comments on the previous two imagines, I have decided to make a part two for all of them. I have to warn you though, it doesn't necessarily mean I would end it on a good note~ :)