Cafe // Leo

Completely drained of energy from school, I dragged my feet across the street into the cafe. The strong aroma of coffee hits me and I feel rejuvenated. I decide to order a cup of cappuccino before making my way over to the table beside the window. I look at the passing strangers when I heard a small knock. I turn my head to see an attractive man standing in front of me.

"Is anybody sitting here?"

I quickly shake my head and he sits down from across me. I take a sip from my drink as I sneak glances at him. He seems to notice as he leans forward.

"Do I know you?"

"Uhmm not that I know of."

He seems to hum in response as he leans back.

"Well, I guess I should recognise such a pretty lady."

I try to cover my blush with my cup but fail badly as he lets out a laugh. I try to strike a conversation with him so that it wasn't too awkward.

"So what's your name?"

"Oh it's Leo. And yours?"

I wanted to place the cup back on the table before answering but accidentally spill some coffee on my blazer. I groan as I peel it off my body. I notice something shiny drop out from my pocket but decide to take care of the stain first.

"This necklace.........."

I look up and I see him he hokding the necklace. I quickly snatch it back before shoving it in my bag.

"It was from a friend.....he left to pursue his dreams. He promised to come back but ha, he never did."

He seems to purse his lips as he reaches under his shirt. My eyes widen at his action and I turn my head away.

"Chloe......."

I look up in surprise.

"How did yo-"

He pulled out the same exact necklace and I cover my mouth in shock.

"Taekwoon........"

I immediately hug him and bury my face in his shoulder. He lightly pets my hair and I smile, enjoying the feeling. He whispers something in my ear that makes my heart flutter as usual.

"I promised to come back. Didn't I?"