Blind // Hakyeon

You looked over at your boyfriend of 6 years and couldn't help but smile. He was the best thing that happened in your life and you wouldn't trade him for the world.

"What are you thinking of?"

Hakyeon asks as he rests his chin on the top of your head.

"You."

You reply, with no hesitation. Hakyeon turns you around and bends down to look you in the eye.

"Were you thinking bad of me?"

"I was thinking how awesome you were."

Hakyeon seemed surprise by your blunt answer but he immediately pinched your cheek. His lips slowly pull up into a smile as he gives englufs you in his arms. Hugging him back, you let out a small sigh.

You would die if you couldn't see his smile again.

...

"____!"

Hakyeon screamed out as his arm reached out to you. Your eyes grew wide as you feel your legs grow numb. The truck was approaching closer but you couldn't move an inch. Hakyeon felt his heart drop as the truck hit you head-on. The blood spilled onto the floor and so did his tears.

"_____......."

Hakyeon muttered as he crouched beside you. He held your hand tightly and pulled it to his chest.

"Please.......stay awake."

Your vision was blurred but you could still see Hakyeon's worried face. You smiled softly as you raised your other hand. Hakyeon quickly grabbed it and pulled it to his chest.

"I'll be fine, don't wor-"

Your words cut off as your arms grew limp.

"_____?"

You didn't respond and Hakyeon cried out in agony.

"Someone call an ambulance!"

He looked around for help and finally someone did. Hakyeon refused to leave your side as the medics soon arrive.

"You'll be fine, I promise."

...

Hakyeon began shaking his leg in nervously as he waited outside the operating room. Hongbin scolded him for being so nervous but Hakyeon paid no attention to him. The door suddenly slid open and he immediately jumped up.

"How's she?"

"We managed to successfully complete the surgery. She is however in a comatose state but should wake up in a couple of months. Her condition is stable and she should be fine when she wakes up. There is a possibility of her turning blind.....so do be mentally prepared for the worst."

Hakyeon felt his heart drop at the news but he trusted that you would be fine. He thanked the doctor for his hard work before he went to sit back down.

"_____ will be fine, don't worry."

Hongbin said as he lightly patted Hakyeon's shoulder. Hakyeon nodded in agreement when Hongbin suddenly stood up.

"I'll go check which room _____ will be transferred to."

With that, he left. Different kinds of possibilities filled Hakyeon's mind but he tried his best to not think of the worst. He nervously chewed on his bottom lip and tried to be positive.

"She's in room A-05. Let's go."

Haakyeon looked at Hongbin before nodding. The two of them made their way over to the room and gently opened the door. They both saw you, laying there motionless. You were covered in bandages including your eyes. Hongbin looked over at Hakyeon and saw his devastated face. He immediately ran over and held your hand. Pulling it to his lips, he kissed your hand multiple times.