Voodoo Doll // N

N's POV:

My heart was being squeezed,my body was on fire but I kept my eyes closed. I thought that if I closed my eyes, all the pain would go away. But it didn't. I eventually peeled open my eyes and the blinding light hit me. My eyes slowly got adjusted to light and everything became clear. I was behind the glass like an animal. The audience were staring,laughing.

Laughing at me.

I let out a small laugh of disbelief as my controller picked up the knife. He started carving on the voodoo doll and the pain was transferred to me. He cut open my stomach and all my guts spilled out.

Cheering was all that filled my ears.

I wanted it to stop and it eventually did. The lights were dimmed and I was left alone in the dark. Or so I thought. A pair of glowing blue lights were staring right at me. I cowered back in fear, afraid of what would happen yet my heart kept telling me to trust it. After a minute of just staring, it left. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and I fell on the couch. Maybe tomorrow will be a new day. Maybe not.

I woke up to a sharp pain in my head. I fall onto my knees, clutching my head.

"Wake up. We have another show today."

I snap my head up to meet face to face with my controller. I growled as I ran forward to grab him. He easily twisted the leg of the voodoo doll and I fell as well. The place was soon filled with the audience and the show began. I was forced to stand up straight when he suddenly punches me in the gut. I fell backwards and they started cheering. This continued for ages until he takes out the red hot iron bar. He burnt the doll and I was immediately burned up. I felt myself growing weak as I fell onto the couch. The lights dimmed out and I was left alone again.

I just laid still as I tried to repair myself. Since I was immortal I had no way to die. Unless I completely give up on life. But I don't wish to do that just yet. The small light bulb above me swung back and forth. My eyes followed it until I spotted the same blue eyes again. This time it grew bigger and bigger,meaning it was getting closer. I moved back in fear until my back hit the wall. When the light shone on it, it was a........

Black cat?

I inched forward as I tried to take a better look. I noticed something was in it's collar and I reached out to take it. The cat sat still as I slipped the paper and pen out of its collar. I looked at the handwriting and tried to make sense of it. That's when I realised it was a code. I easily decoded it and wrote it down using the pen.

Dear N,
Please pardon the intrusion but my master has a message for you. She wishes to inform you that you will soon be saved and will be free from this hell. But until then, survive. Know that someone cares for you and wants you alive. Whether it be good or bad.......just survive.

~Angela
"Did you write this?"

I asked the cat stupidly. As though it could understand me, it meowed back. I looked at the blank space underneath the code and decided to write my own.

Dear whoever,
Thank you for the letter. I don't plan to give up just yet and your letter gave me more hope. I wish you will come soon though because I am on the edge.
~N

I signed off and put the letter back into it's collar. The cat runs off and I'm left alone again. The cycle of torture begins again but now the cat would always appear. I would play,cuddle and do anything with it. But there was a limit to the happiness it gave me. Every single day the beatings got worse, the torture was becoming more creative and I was about to give up. The only thing was that I realised he was getting weaker and weakrr. Which might be part of the reasons he tried being more creative rather than using brute force.