174: You

Vier

She had only gotten hotter since we've been laying here. I wanted to give her some medicine but she insisted on never moving from this bed and that she was ok.

It was silent. I watched the sky cloud up through the window as it started to rain.

She had her back to me but I still kissed her neck and saw her smile lightly.

It made me smile.

What goes through her head all day? Am I ever on her mind or does she not think because I'm here? How in love is she with me? Will this last forever? Everything that's mine is hers. All my time goes to her. If I see my family, she has to be with us because she's part of it now. I'm ready to marry her now but if I do propose, she's probably be expecting it.

We both jumped at my phone ringing on the nightstand. I looked back and saw that my mother was calling.

"I'm sorry. Can I take this?" I asked.

She nodded.

I grabbed the phone without letting her go then I answered it.

Me: Hola Mami.

Mom: Hi Vier! Have you found your girlfriend?

Me: Yes... She's in the bed with me right now.

Mom: In the bed?

Me: Yes mom. We're just laying here. I missed her.

Mom: Are you coming back?

Me: I don't know. Should I? She has work in like 3 weeks.

Mom: You should. And if you do, bring her.

Me: I can talk to her about that later.

Mom: Do it now.

Me: Mami! I just got my baby back at home with me. Let me spend some time with her. She's healing right now. I'll call you later. Love you.

Mom: Love you son.

I turned my phone off and dropped it off the edge of the bed. Then I continued to hold and cuddle Amour.

"Sorry Baby."

"It's ok. Do what you gotta do." She said turning towards me.

I pulled her even closer to me and pulled the covers over us. Then comfort and silence took over again.

***

I felt something tickling my nose so I opened my eyes and saw Amour laying on my chest touching my mustache and beard.

"I need to get it lined up." I said rubbing her back.

She nodded and smiled. I looked at her forehead where she had a cut. It was healing faster than normal. The hand marks on her throat were gone. All the abrasions were almost gone. The hickeys I gave her were almost gone and I wanted her to have more. Her skin was soft and smooth against mine. Just that fast. Her body felt hotter.

The things that loving can do.

"Is your headache gone?" I asked.

"Actually, it hurts more."

"Medicine? Wanna go to the doctor?"

"No. You're my doctor. My handsome doctor." She smiled and traced my tattoo.

I chuckled at how innocent and adorable she was being.

"So I was wondering... Do you wanna go see my family?"

"When?"

"On Thursday maybe? We can stay in Detroit for 2 weeks and come back in time for you to start work."

"I don't care what we do anymore. It just has to involve you." She kissed my tattoo.

I smiled. "I love you."

"I love you Campaign Vier."