69: Slumber Party

Amour

"I shoulda given him my number! Dang it!" She semi yelled.

"Shhhh!" I shushed her.

"Oh yeah... Sorry."

"Can I talk to X... On the phone?" I asked.

"Ain't that too loud?"

"I'll be quiet... And I'll go in the closet."

She took out her phone and dialed his number. Then she handed it to me. I walked to the closet.

"Hello? Where you at Léah?"

It felt so good to hear his voice. I thought I'd never talk to him again. Because if I can't leave the house I can't get a job. No job, no money, no money, no moving out.

"It's me... Amour."

"Forreal?! Baby you ok?!" He exclaimed.

"I don't know. I can't see you so I might feel a little sick." I sighed.

"Tell me wassup." His voice was shaky and worried.

"I can't see you anymore. They locked me in my room. Xzavier it's like prison in here!"

"Because you're locked up right?"

"I have eating times... Sleeping times... Exedra."

"Damn baby. I'm coming to get you soon."

"Do you have Liza?"

"Nah but when I bust up in there I'm finna use her. She still under the couch?"

"She should be..."

"I want you to have you clothes ready by Tomorrow night."

"Alright... Please don't hurt anyone. I'm begging you."

"I can't promise you."

"Xzavier please! I just want to get outta here and not come back."

"Can Léah stay with you?" He asked.

"I mean sure... She just has to be quiet. Very quiet."

"Ight. I love you... I'll text you tomorrow night before I bust the front door down."

"Don't hurt my mother! I swear if you do..."

"Amour..."

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I love you. I gotta go. Tell Lélé I love her and let her know she's staying." And with that, he hung up.

I groaned and got out of the closet. "Lélé... X says he loves you and you're staying."

"Until when?"

"Tomorrow night when X comes to get me... You hungry?" I asked popping a pizza roll into my mouth.

"Umm... Yeah." She grabbed 1 and did the same.

"So tell me... What's between you and Xzavier?"

"It's nothing like that... Just a brother sister relationship. Y'know? He tried to come onto me years ago but I wasn't feeling him like that. He accepted it and now we're just like best friends. He sees me as his little sister."

"Cute." I commented eating another.

"What about you... How'd you and Zavier meet?"

"Umm... At my ex's house."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I'd rather not talk about it though."

"Oh. Sorry." She frowned and sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"I never had an ex..."

"You in a relationship?"

"Nope. Never had a boyfriend. Xzavier always said they're bad for me and they'll sleep with other people and lie to you. But he's the only 1 not like that. I wanna try it. Maybe it's not as bad as he makes it sound."

"Oh. It's not. It's 70% true. 80% of the guys you'll meet will fuck over you." I said thinking about Chresanto.

The truth was that Léah was completely innocent. She wasn't dirty. She didn't curse... Everybody loves her. She loves everything and everybody. The only thing she could ever possibly get in trouble for is having a fake ID which I doubt she even uses it like that.

"I'm kinda tired..." she said yawning.

"You can lay on the bed. Take a shower if you want. And pick any clothes you wanna wear outta my dresser."

"Ok... I'll hurry."

"Ok." I smile.

This can be like a slumber party.