97: Vulnerable

Lucas

I climbed in to find that Amour was in the corner crying her eyes out. I turned on the flashlight again and walked towards her.

"Amour... Are you ok?" I asked.

"No... They beat me." She sobbed silently. Her hands and feet were tied with rope.

"Shhh..." I said calmly. "You're coming with me tonight and I'll have you another place to go soon, ok? Lemme pack your bags, 'cause you won't be coming back." I said seriously.

I got up and grabbed her suitcases. Then I packed all I could fit without a noise. "I'll be right back." I said pushing a bag out the window.

Once I got everything in the car, I came back. "Anything else you need to take with you?"

"Charlie... My pictures... My laptop... My makeup and stuff... my shoes..."

"I'll come back for that stuff... Ok? I'm coming back." I said stepping back out.

I drove home with the stuff and put it in the living room. Then I sped back to her house and grabbed everything but the dog, making 4 different trips to the car and back.

"Ok, I'll get you loose and you grab the dog." I said.

I untied the rope. She tried to get up but she fell because her ankles were bruised badly from the rope. She was pale and the life had been drained from her. My fault. All my fault.

So I grabbed her and the dog from the bathroom and made my way to the window. "Get on my back and keep the dog in your hand." I said helping her.

She did as I instructed then I followed the plan.

***

After I helped her wash up, I put bandages around her wrists and ankles so she wouldn't hurt them when she went to sleep. She was completely vulnerable. So I put her in the bed with me.

"You're safe now." I said unsure of what I meant.

She's not safe here. Chresanto can show up at any time.

"Thank..."

"Shhh... Lay down." I pulled the cover over her and ran my fingers through her hair repeatedly while staring at her.

Her bruised face... Reminded me of the man I used to be. I can feel her pain now. She can't sleep without pain running down her body. Chapped lips... Makeup smears... Hand prints on her neck and wrists, signs of hurt, neglect, and rape. But under all of that, was the beautiful woman she always is. Amour Diamond Westbrooks.

The one with soft, clear, beautiful lips and skin, beautiful body, no makeup, the one terribly manipulated into giving herself away. Letting people do her wrong. How long before she tries something?

I swore that I'd never leave her or let her leave me. Everything took a turn for the worst. When I kill Chresanto, and do what I have to do with her parents, were leaving California and that'll be that.