157: Dinner

Vier

"Damnit Kirah! You're always looking for and starting trouble! Hopefully you're happy now. She's pressing charges against Amour and she got her ass beatbecause of you!" I said pretty tense.

I wasn't yelling but I wasn't speaking normally. I'd never yell at a female.

"Are you all mine now? All I wanted was your attention."

She said kissing my neck.

"Kirah get off."

She straddled me and started kissing me. She made me put my arms around her and I saw a flash in the corner of my eye so I pushed her off of me and looked around.

"I'm leaving." I spat storming out.

I got in my car and sped off to Amour's aunt's house.

***

"Amour's in jail." I said after a short silence.

"She what? What happened?!" Carol semi yelled jumping up.

"She was charged for battery and assault for getting into a fist fight."

"That's not right."

"I know. It's messed up all kinds of ways." I sighed.

"How long?"

"A month."

"That's it?"

"I negotiated with the officer."

She nodded. "So you're her new boyfriend?"

"No ma'am. We're good friends."

"You're protecting my niece right?"

"As much as I can but I had no idea what kind of damage she could do."

"She has an anger issue. Doesn't it seem obvious?"

I nodded.

"She's just been hurt a lot. From losing part her family to being neglected and raped. I don't know if I could handle that myself. But she's a strong woman and since you're the closest elder relative of hers, I thank you for her."

"God bless you, young man. You're such a gentleman. Better than that crazy old Lupus."

"Lucas." I corrected.

"Right. Is he around now a days?"

"Yes. He's actually trying to earn Amour's forgiveness. But I wanna get ready to leave with her so she can be out of this mess. She didn't get to finish being juvenile. It wasn't her fault though. I'm glad because I never would've met my best friend."

She smiled warmly. "Would you like to stay for dinner?"

"Sure."