60: Bed Peace

Amour

"No... No tell me you're lyin'! Please!"

"I'm not! Just this morning! Where's your ma?!" He grabbed my hand and held it to his chest.

"Work..." I wasn't crying... Not yet.

"Who that is in the back?"

"Nobody! My friends!" I smiled.

"I gotta go. You'll be alright, Amour."

"Love you!"

"Love you baby." He walked to his pickup truck and sped off.

I stood there frozen. I couldn't move. Couldn't blink... Or I'd cry.

Thoughts: Amour no need to cry... Don't. You knew it was coming soon... Death is normal. It doesn't have to be a bad thing all the time. Move on. Be strong. You're a big girl. Like you told Xzavier.

"Amour?" X said walking up behind me. "Are you ok?" He asked.

"Y-yes." I let 1 tear slip but swallowed the rest.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't... Make me think about it."

"So what you wanna do?" He asked pulling me into his chest and closing the door.

"I wanna take a shower."

"Can I come?" Taj asked.

"Shut up Taj." X growled.

"Go 'head baby. Umma be here when you get out. But I can't promise that Chresanto will."

"I want you to come with me... Comfort me."

"I might fuck you up if I see..." I cut him off.

"I'm not playin' no games witchu I'm serious Xzavier."

"Ok, ok! Let's go." He picked me up and carried me upstairs to my bathroom. Sitting me on the counter, he turned in the water and took off his shirt.

As the bathroom got steamy, he stared at me with a blank look on his face. I paid no mind to it.

"You takin' a shower wit yo clothes on?" He asked taking his socks off.

"No."

"If I take them clothes off for you, we gone have some problems." He slipped his joggers and basketball shorts off and put his pistol on the counter next to him. I looked at it. It said Liza.

"Mhm ok." I took off all my clothes except for my bra and panties. Then I tied my hair up with a string on the side of the sink.

"Get in." I said taking off my bra. I threw my panties into the dirty clothes and the rest of my clothes. Then grabbed him a washcloth from under the sink and I got in.

"Damn." I heard him say stepping in.

I closed the sliding door and grabbed the soap.

"What kinda soap..."

"Shea butter."

"Ain't no female soap is it?"

"No Xzavier." I laughed to myself, trying not the look down.

"Go head... I know you wanna check me out. I already checked you." He winked and flicked his tongue in his mouth.

I blushed and looked at everything of his.

"I love you. I really do mean it. I'm disappointed in myself for the shit I did to you and that I didn't take the time to know you and I played with you. You're beautiful and attractive and you're not like other girls. I decided that I wanted to be with you forever so I'm finna go back to schools with you, for you, but mostly for me. I swear you're making me hard in some places and turning me soft at the same time. Ain't no reason sot to be with you and I want you in my life, Mi Amor. I feel like you can move that special woman in my life that I never had. Like my mama. You can teach me more and you can love me more. I guess that's why I did that. All along. All that hurt inside me... I just had to get it out. Now its gone. Because of you. Thank you. I wanna marry you, ma."