Chapter 54

~Camila's POV~ (A/N 👀☕️)

I watched as Y/N frustratingly ran her hands through her hair. I comfortingly rubbed her back.

"Y/N/N like I said, this isn't supposed to be an easy process.." I hated seeing her upset. Especially when I once was in love with her.

Part of me still is.

I mean how could I not? She's so genuine, and so beautiful. I just..still can't shake my feelings for her.

I looked at her, studying her frustrated face. I have to accept the fact that I'm always going to love her..but,

I have to let her go.

Y/N sighed, smiling lightly at me which made my heart flutter. She spoke softly.

"There are just so many options Camz, I don't know which one is the best one. We've been to practically every jeweler shop on this strip, I don't know where else to go."

Poor Y/N. She so desperately wants Ariana to have the best ring ever..when I know she would be happy with anything Y/N got her. Hell, when we stopped at a CVS pharmacy, Y/N took out a ring pop and got down on one knee, asking Ariana to marry her one day.

Ariana cried tears of joy. Like, a lot of them.

She loves her. I wish Y/N would know that.

"Y/N?" I asked quietly. She turned her head to me and gestured for me to continue. I spoke. "You know that Ariana would be overjoyed with anything you got her, right? You are her world Y/N."

Y/N sighed softly, looking down and avoiding my gaze.

"When you grow up with nothing, you feel the need to give the person who has given you something the world. Ariana is the love of my life, Camz. I want to give her everything. I want her to have everything she's ever wanted in life. I want to give her and possibly our future children everything I never had. I know I shouldn't be focusing on these material things, like a perfect ring..but..This is probably the most memorable gift I could ever give her, a ring, proclaiming that I wanna marry her." My face turned a bright crimson red when she faced me, holding both of my hands with hers. "I want her to look at it everyday and remind her that I belong to her and she belongs to me from now and forever on."

I was speechless. She's truly enthralled with my best friend. She truly loves her. I can tell..

Shaking off my sadness that welled deep inside of me, I pulled her into a hug, rubbing her back.

"There's one more store a few blocks down. Let's go get your girl a ring."

Y/N smiled at me brighter than ever before and bolted out of the current store with me following behind, swallowing down the tears, knowing she'll never love me like that.

*****

"The total will come to $45,302." The French jeweler said to Y/N from behind the counter. She grinned, grabbing her wallet from her back pocket and fishing out her credit card. Her hands were noticeably trembling, fumbling through her wallet. She finally pulled it out, handing it to the man.

The ring was absolutely exquisite. As labeled on the card, it was an infinity twist micropavé diamond engagement ring. Minuscule diamonds dazzled around the band, and a larger one was placed in the middle, shining with all its glory. The band was twisted into an infinity symbol, hence the name 'infinity twist'.

After swiping the card and processing her order, he began wrapping the ring up

"Velvet box ma'am?" He inquired, holding up a red velvety box in the palm of his hand.

"Do you happen to have it in black? It'll be easier to hide in the tiny pocket of my dress." She asked, chuckling softly. He nodded and smiled, going to the back counter and bringing a black velvet box.

"It's brand new too. Shipped here all the way from Sweden. Does this interest you?"

Y/N nodded vigorously, and the man began placing the ring in the small pouch on the inside, closing the lid of the box and wrapping a ribbon around it.

"I wish you a great proposal." The man said, smiling. Y/N grinned at him, thanked him and walked out of the building with me and doing a happy dance once stepping outside. My heart warmed, knowing she was happy.

She's happy Camila. That's all that matters.

I began jumping around her squealing.

"Yay! I'm so happy for you Y/N/N!!" I squealed, genuine happiness evident in my tone. Y/N smiled wider than before and suddenly stopped, the look of icy fear evident on her face.

"W-what if she says no?" She asked timidly. I shushed her.

"Like hell she'll say no! She's gonna say yes silly, she loves you!" I giggled, ruffling her hair. She sighed relief, smiling once again.

Suddenly, she gasped when hearing a FaceTime call ring through her pocket.

"Shit! It's Ariana! Quick! Act like ur doing something." She commanded me and I nodded, running off in the other direction. Y/n turned on her phone, and answered the call, Ariana's face popping up on the screen.

~Y/N's POV~

"Hey baby!" She said excitedly.

"Hey my love!" I said joyfully, glancing down at the ring box in my hand. I watched Ariana's face change slightly.

"Where are you? You've been gone for like two hours now. And where's Camila?"

Camila suddenly began running around in the background, flailing her arms around while screaming.

"Y/N!! THERE'S A GIANT ASS SPIDER ON MY HEAD!! GET IT OFF!! I TOLD YOU THE COSTUME STORE HAD COBWEBS IN THEM!!"

I chuckled along with Ariana and spoke.

"Camz and I did a lil gift shopping. And she dragged me into the costume store to try on masks-"

"THAT WAS ALL YOU Y/L/N!! OW I THINK IT'S BITING ME!! Y/N PLEASE HELP!"

I chuckled again. "I better help her out there. I'm actually on my way back now, so I'll see you soon."

Ariana genuinely grinned widely and kissed her phone.

"Okay baby but hurry back. Scott is going through another one of his hunger rants-"

"I DON'T WANT MY STOMACH TO SHRIVEL UP FROM NOT EATING!! CAN WE EAT PLEASE?!" Scott yelled in the background, causing me to let out a laugh. Scott looked at me from behind Ariana and walked over to the phone, taking it and talking.

"Oh hey whore! Did you get the r-"

"Oh no! Camz just fell..into the..duck pond! Yeah! The duck pond! I better go!" I yelled out nervously and gave Scott the 'if you say one word I'll kill you' look. He nodded nervously, laughing slightly. Scott was the only one I told about getting the ring.

"Ight got u. Help Camila out of that pool will ya?" He winked at me and I chuckled lightly. I saw him hand the phone back to Ariana and her beautiful face appeared back on the screen.

"Go help her baby. I love you!" Ariana cooed, smiling widely.

"I love you too baby..more than you'll ever know."

"Nu uh, I love you more." She protested cutely. I grinned.

"No I love you more."

"No I love you most-"

"Are y'all really gonna go through that sappy shit?? Get off the phone." Scott groaned and reached over to end the face Ike call and I heard Ariana let out a 'no!' And the call ended, causing me to chuckle.

I heard squeal and a loud splash from behind me and once turning around, I laughed at the sight before me.

"So you just had to fall in the duck pond, didn't you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next chapter is coming soon I PROMISE 😂

Vote or comment if you liked babes ❤️

xoxo~Sav