Chapter 21

~Ariana's POV~

"Dad!! Leave her alone please!!" I cried out hysterically, watching the love of my life getting beaten by my father mercilessly. He looked at me and smiled, before kicking Y/N one last time and turning to me. 

"Stay out of this Ariana. I already have one gay child and I don't need another. It's time I got rid of Y/N so you can move on to a real relationship." He growled, before turning around and kicking Y/N to the ground. Tears uncontrollably fell from my eyes as I watched her, beaten and bruised on the ground, coughing up blood. 

"STOP IT YOU FUCKING BASTARD!!" I shouted, running over to tackle my father. He groaned in pain as I clenched my hands around his neck and threw him to the side. I immediately ran to my girlfriend's aid, sobbing uncontrollably as I held her head in my hands.

"B-babe I'll b-be alright." Y/N coughed, a small amount of blood trickling out of the corner of her mouth. I continued sobbing, not being able to form any words and wiped the blood off with my thumb. I suddenly heard a loud growl behind me and before I knew it, I was thrown backwards and onto the floor, my back hitting the end of the counter causing a groan of agony to escape my mouth. I didn't dare to look up, knowing my father was above me. 

"So," He drawled out, clicking his tongue in a menacing way. "You think you can actually stop me huh? Well think again-"

"Leave her the f-fuck alone before I kick your teeth in Edward." I heard my girlfriend cough out sharply, yet weakly. I cracked open an eye to see Y/N slowly getting up and walking towards my father on shaky limbs. My father turned around, jaw clenching in fury as I stared at my girlfriend, whose expression reflected his.

"B-baby, please," I croaked out, tears falling freely. "I-I don't want you hurt. Leave me here and run.." 

Y/N looked down at me, smiling lightly. "I would take a bullet for you before anything baby girl-" She suddenly inhaled sharply, gasping for breath. My eyes slowly made their way down to my father, who had stuck a thick pocket knife into her stomach. 

"BABY!!!" I yelped, pace of my heart quickening with utmost dread. My heart immediately began crumpling. Y/N sank down slowly onto her knees before falling face down into my lap. My vision became blurry. I couldn't breathe. This isn't happening. God please tell me this isn't happening..

I hiccuped, inhaling sharply and sobbing uncontrollably before my girlfriend who lay lifelessly on the kitchen floor, a pool of blood slowly forming around the both of us. 

"NOO!! BABY WAKE UP-" I screamed, sinking my face down into her hair, sobbing heavily. "WAKE UP! WAKE UP!"

"Baby! Baby wake up love." I head an alarmed voice say, causing my eyes to yank themselves open. I broke out into a cold sweat as I looked around the dark room, soon finding my girlfriend's worried eyes looking at me. She's here..Y/N's here..My baby's okay..

I began crying, weakly collapsing into her arms and wrapping my arms around her.

"Sshh baby..it's okay." She cooed softly while holding me tightly, "I'm right here baby. Everything's okay. It was just a dream." I began hiccuping, my tears mixed with relief and fear..fear that this could actually happen and that my whole world would come crashing down before my very eyes. I finally looked up at Y/N, her hazel eyes showing utmost compassion and love, making my heart swell. It amazes me how she can make me feel at ease by just being here.

"D-do you wanna talk about it?" She questioned. I shook my head, not wanting to think about it anymore. I leaned up and kissed her lips tenderly, the saltiness of my tears mixing into the delectable taste of her lips. She kissed back, stroking my back comfortingly before laying me down next to her. She draped her strong arm around my waist as I faced her, my fingers beginning to play with the stray brunette hairs falling out of her messy bun.

"Tell me a story, Y/N."

She brought me closer to her. She was quiet for a moment, but the silence was comfortable between us.

Warm. Y/N was so warm. I didn't even realize how cold I was until she came into my life.

"Alright, I'll tell you a story." she began, tucking my right leg between hers and wrapping my arm securely around her waist. "Once upon a time, there was a gorgeous caterpillar-"

"A gorgeous caterpillar?" I giggled.

"Sssh. This gorgeous caterpillar had everything she wanted in life. Green leaves to eat all day, green branches and ground to crawl on, green skies and green friends she could enjoy. And then she started to notice that everything was green. Different shades of green, but all around her was green just the same."

"Even the sun?"

"Even the sun. She started to question, is this all life could offer? She started to feel dissatisfied with life, she survived but she never really lived. Green was suffocating her. Green was her prison. Green to her was black..it was darkness. So she crawled on the green grass, searching without knowing she was searching."

I looked up at her when she didn't continue. "What was she searching for?"

"Color." Y/N tipped her head down and looked into my eyes. "You're my color, Ariana."

My heart was in my throat. Her eyes were intense, pulling me in so that I got lost in them.

"And so," She murmured, resting her chin at the top of my head as she pulled me closer in her arms. "The caterpillar found her butterfly. She was so lovely, so colorful, and so full of life. Her beauty and love filled her heart so much that it burst every time. Every day of their lives. And they lived happily ever after."

I felt a tear slip from my eye, my heart completely swelled with so much love and emotion for this girl. I sighed contently against her, comforted by her familiar scent and warmth.

"I won't let anyone hurt you, my love. Sleep." She cooed softly.

I did. I slept with no nightmares touching my dreams.

___________

I woke up with my girlfriend's arm across my chest and her leg tangled up with mine. She was lying on her stomach, her head turned towards me. The sun was on her face but it didn't budge her. She slept through it.

Like I did every morning, I took a moment to admire her beauty. The soft morning light bathed her light tanned skin, making it glow. Her shirt hiked up and her sweats rode very low, revealing the lighter skin on her lower back that was usually covered.

Her long dark brown hair was mussed and spread all over the pillow and over her face. I smoothed it away and stared at her, taking in all of her perfect features.

My finger reached out to trace the shape of her nose, then the sharp defined edges of her jaw. I caressed her face gently, a wide smile making its way across my face.

Suddenly, she opened her eyes. My hand froze and I stopped breathing. 

Her eyes, so brown with golden flakes and already smiling, told me she had been awake all along. She knew I had been staring at her. Touching her. Touching what was mine.

"Good morning gorgeous." She said, her voice rough and raspy from sleep. "I dreamt of you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know if y'all enjoyed! I'll definitely be writing a lot more :) xoxo

~Sav