Chapter 46

~~~Forewarning// serious chapter~~~

~Y/N's POV~

Bang.

We all stood in a circle at the bottom of the entrance of the stage when screams erupted throughout the arena.

"Holy-"

"Fuck." I finished Brian's sentence, wrapping my arm protectively around Ariana's waist. 

Bang.

The screams got louder, and I overheard fans screaming and security guards telling them to file out. Blood rapidly circulated in my ears as everything began moving in slow motion. I heard myself swallow and watched as everyone around me began panicking. I felt Ariana shake in my arms and I looked down to see a stray tear fall down her delicate features. 

She looked up at me, her chocolate brown orbs cloudy with fear and pain. My mind was only able to focus on her voice, which barely came out a whisper.

"Are we gonna die?"

I opened my mouth to respond but nothing came out. Ariana's bottom lip trembled as she looked at the steps before running up them. I ran to her, stopping her from going any further. 

But she had already seen enough.

Fans were frantically running out of their seats and aisles, bustling by other people to flee out of the arena. I felt my heart shatter upon seeing a mother holding her hurt child near the front row, whom was pale and bleeding from her head. I heard Ariana gasp from beside me and the next thing I knew, she was rushing to the younger girl. 

"Ariana!" I called after her, running and wrapping my arms around her waist, carefully but forcefully bringing her back to safety. Ariana squirmed in my grasp, gasping for air through her tears.

"She's hurt! My babies are hurt-" She cut herself out with a loud sob and relaxed in my arms. I picked her up bridal style with tears stinging in my own eyes at the terrifying sight. I hurriedly brought her back down the stage stairs, where Star was guiding everyone to a dressing room at the very back of the arena.

"Aren't we gonna leave?" I asked him. Star shook his head frantically.

"We can't yet. We have to escort every single one of you to different places for safety. For now, I have to wait for clearance to let you guys go."

I nodded my head in understanding and hurriedly ran to the back room, where everyone gathered. Gabby stood up upon my arrival and rushed over, patting Ariana's shoulder reassuringly.

"Ari..It's gonna be okay-"

"It's all my fault!" Ariana sobbed into my neck. My heart broke at her hot tears splashing onto my neck. I rushed over to the couch and set her onto my lap, cupping her face into my hands.

"Ariana..Baby girl listen to me." I pleaded, wiping her frequently falling tears of her face. She looked at me with pained eyes, which caused my heart to break more than it already had. I continued, siffling.

"None of this is your fault. This is not your fault baby-Ariana!" I anxiously pulled my girlfriend's hands away from her thighs in which she was scratching harshly from stress. I saw a tiny trickle of blood seep through her soft skin on her knee and I gasped. I looked over to Gabby, who was anxiously biting her lip while swallowing back tears.

"Gabby, c-can you get me some antiseptic and some bandages please?"

Gabby nodded vigorously and rushed over to the first aid kit which hung on the wall, clambering to get the buckle undone. I brought Ariana into my arms and looked over to my side to see the tv switched on, with everyone crowded around it.